24 days ago
Smelting Production Operator
Company Order Number:
# of openings:
Vacancy: Smelting Production Operator – Entry Level
Job Family: Manufacturing
Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
We are currently recruiting for a Smelting Production Operator . The post holder will work within the operations team and reporting to the relevant Production Lead, this is a role potentially leading towards becoming a skilled Operator, supporting operations at Brimsdown. Through a programme of both on and off the job training, you will develop the necessary skills to operate intricate equipment/chemical processes/industrial processes and/or undertake other manual tasks.
The role will sit within our Efficient Natural Resources , The ENR Sector is an autonomous business, one of four sectors within Johnson Matthey, with revenues of circa £1 billion (circa £7 billion including precious metals) and operations worldwide.
· Taking responsibility for your own safety, complying with JMs safe working practices and following PPE direction and contributing to a healthy and safe working environment
· Follow all relevant process related documentation such as risk analysis, process instructions and standard work documents
· Supporting the operations team in the skilled execution of operator activities and adhering to the production schedule to ensure the on-time delivery of quality product
· Completing all necessary batch sheets and handovers to ensure continuous production
· Making suggestions for process improvements within area of responsibility
· Ensure adherence to 5S standards. Cooperating and collaborating with other team members to continually drive our proactive operator programme, participate in failure investigations, identify and report back reliability issues within the plant
· Carrying out tasks and duties as directed by the Production Lead that will contribute to the levels of performance and competence required
· Carrying out basic preventative maintenance checks
· Reporting incidents, near-misses, unsafe conditions and sources of error promptly
· To carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
Are you the ideal candidate?
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· A minimum of 4 GCSE's or equivalent, at Grade A* to C including English, Maths and Science
· A minimum of 2 'A' Levels, or equivalent, in an engineering or science related subject is desirable
· No prerequisite experience required but previous experience in the chemical process industry, engineering and/or manufacturing is desirable
· Understanding of large-scale complex manufacturing facilities/plants is desirable
· High personal Health & Safety standards
· Understanding of EHS and its importance in the workplace is desirable
How to apply: Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Closing date for application: 25/11/2019
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.