about 1 month ago
* To supervise and lead the building services team of electricians responsible for the carrying out installation, repair works across the BBC London portfolio
* To interface with the IFM Management, BBC Workplace staff, Service Partners and security.
* To communicate with the Head of Projects or PM designate and all other members of the projects and engineering teams.
* To plan and implement relevant Tool Box Talks in line with management training requirements. Operate team and reports in line with IFM processes and health and safety systems.
* Responsible for the inspection, testing and data entry for the building services electrical installation works on to the BBC electrical certification system portal (EDIS) .
* To plan and implement workloads for building services electricians
* Responsible for quoting and supervising the electrical installation works from conception to completion.
* To plan and undertake procedures, regular checks, routine inspections and emergency conditions in conjunction with the building services electrical team.
* To control and supervise contractors when required.
* To perform tasks as deemed necessary by the Head of Projects or PM designate
* Assist and enhance service delivery through best practice and the effective use of site systems and equipment using emergency escalation process in a timely manner in relation to broadcast/business critical systems.
* To Maintain and review stock levels, spares requirements through audit and timely ordering of stock and materials.
* Responsible for the P&L associated with the team’s electrical installation and maintenance works.
* To attend finance and commercial meetings as required.
* To adhere with the company’s safe system of work and associated permit system ensuring compliance and liaison with the local permit offices and authorised personnel.
* Carry out risk assessments for engineering, maintenance and repair activities.
* Ensure accurate completion of service reports and work orders so all data can be entered in to CMMS system.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
* Supervisory Experience in electrical contracting, installation works.
* Minimum HND or equivalent in relevant disciplines.
* Experience in a related field
* Served a recognized electrical apprenticeship
* City and guilds 2391 or equivalent, experience in the test & inspection of electrical installations and the completion of test certification
* Certified 18th Edition
* Have a positive and proactive approach to work and able to work own initiative and as part of a busy team.
* Good communication skills.
* Computer literate, Microsoft office
* Able to work a continuous 24 hour shift pattern to meet the requirements of the customer.
* Experience in undertaking electrical installation works across commercial, industrial and data centre installations
* LVAP qualification and experience in operating permit to work systems (SSOW)
* IOSH or equivalent H&S training.