5 months ago
Location: Lancaster, United Kingdom
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Site Support Technician
An extremely exciting opportunity for a Site Support Technician has arisen within Thales Secure Communication Systems area of the business (SIX). As a Site Support Technician, you will be working within the Energy portfolio team supporting the computer based data processing and control systems, with a focus on the North West based power generation facilities.
The role will require close working with the customer and sub-contractors at the technical level and work will be varied, ranging from maintenance type activities, running test programs, performing surveys and fault finding to module/component level. The job will also entail working off site at customer locations, largely in the Lancaster area.
The role will require the applicant to apply for full Security Clearance
Key responsibilities and tasks:
* Ability to carry out off site working at various power stations
* Report through concise and coherent status updates.
* Provide support and coverage for other engineering team members
* Assist with the maintenance and on-going development of test equipment.
* Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in a team environment and support other team members.
Ensure the tasks are delivered on time and to budget.
* Ensure an attitude of sharing knowledge, to reduce reliance on single point of failure.
* Understand and support the customer’s safety culture.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
* Competence in Windows, to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio.
* Competence in fault finding and maintenance tasks to component level – with a focus on electrical and computer based systems.
* Working knowledge and understanding of the correct application of ESD protection for electronic systems.
* The ability to prioritise, manage own workload, be flexible, work under pressure and to demanding deadlines.
* A Recognised skills based qualification, minimum City and Guilds NVQ (BTEC NC / ND) Level 3.
* Full driving licence holder.
* An Industry recognised soldering certification, such as IPC-A-610, IPC 7711, IPC 772.
To play a key role in driving the success of a worldwide organisation and to join a talented team click the apply button now.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!