7 months ago
STANTEC currently has an opportunity for a Electrical Site Supervisor to support the Project Team in the delivery of an Energy from Waste Plant in East Lothian
The role will support by providing technical expertise to ensure that the project is delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client and STANTEC expectations.
• The Site Supervisor will be required to provide contractual support to the Project Manager and Construction Manager (IChemE)
• Provide comprehensive support during the installation and commissioning phases of the project
• Supervision of the contract for the duration of the relevant works under the IChemE conditions of contract.
• Liaison during the relevant works with the Designers, H&S and Environmental Stakeholders as appropriate.
• Providing site attendance for commissioning.
• Providing attendance at any relevant factory acceptance tests and site acceptance tests for key new plant as appropriate.
• Co-ordination of commissioning activities, ensuring the attendance of the appropriate design disciplines and Employer attendance as necessary.
• Liaison with the Contractor ensuring appropriate training is provided by the contract in a timely manner to match equipment that has been commissioned.
• Holding regular meetings with the Contractor to confirm that any delays are justified and kept to a minimum.
• Providing advice to the Employer Project Manager and Construction Manager with respect to all contract payments and variations.
• Managing and implementing the change control procedure. Also proactively determining the change in line with the required period of the contract.
• Recording site activities and progress.
• Assisting the Employer Project Manager in resolution of on-site co-ordination issues with Contractors.
• Monitoring progress. Quality and management of the construction works against the respectively agreed management plans.
• Maintaining a record of all site instructions.
• Advise the Employer Project Manager on issues relating to site staffing during construction.
• Closely monitoring the construction of the works with respect to compliance with the contract programmes. Monitoring the submission and approval of design and specification information to be provided by the EPC Contractor or Sub-contractors or Suppliers.
• Monitoring and recording the activities of the EPC Contractor and Sub-contractors, including labour levels, productivity, plant deployment and usage, effects of inclement weather and other disruptive factors and similar matters.
• Monitoring the execution of actions in the HSEQ and HAZCON management plans and notify Employer’s Project Manager and the EPC Contractor of any non-compliance issues.
• Document, review and liaison with Employer’s Project Manager on any event giving rise to actual or potential claims under the contract.
• Assisting the Employer Project Manager and Owner’s Engineer in the witnessing of site tests.
• Conducting periodic checks throughout the construction phase to verify that the EPC Contractor is acting in compliance with the permits and planning conditions and report non compliance.
• Protecting the interests of the Employer as elected ‘client’ under the CDM regulations and support where appropriate to ensure all duty holders uphold their responsibilities.
• Participating in and reporting progress at all relevant technical and progress meetings.
• Preparation and issue of monthly progress summaries to employer project manager.
Qualified in Electrical Engineering or other relevant subject
Professionally qualified or working towards professional status through a relevant institution
Experience within the energy industry and in particular energy for waste projects
Computer literate with a good understanding of appropriate software packages
Experience of supply chain management (with emphasis on financial, H&S, outcomes and quality)
Experienced in using the IChemE Conditions of Contract and resolving disputes
Application of risk management principles
Knowledge and skills in the in the planning, specification, design, procurement and commissioning of projects
Knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
Able to integrate well into a team
Ability to support decision making process
Good communication skills both written and oral
Ability to work within a team and as well as with minimal supervision
Strong client relationship management skill
Flexible approach to work
We are an equal opportunities employer
The MWH organization is driving the wet infrastructure sector globally, and we are leading the world in results-oriented management, technical engineering, and construction services to create a better world. The wet infrastructure sector we serve encompasses a variety of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage to water resources management and coastal restoration, and from design and construction of hydropower and renewable energy facilities to full environmental services.
4 months ago
only 8 days until close
24 days ago
only 4 days until close
24 days ago
only 4 days until close
17 days ago
only 11 days until close