4 months ago
Site Reliability Developer NSC -20000MQ2 Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
We are building the next generation IaaS cloud and the next generation cloud support experience to go with it. We are building a team of energetic, customer-focused site reliability engineers to build a world-first and best in class customer experience blending sys admin, incident commander, and NOC engineer disciplines. You’ll be part of a team that learns deeply how our cloud platform works so you can be the bridge between Engineering and Operations.
As part of the broader Engineering organization, you will act as the voice of the customer to influence product features and plans to improve customer experience. This role is integral to the success of our customer relationships and is critical to the success of the platform.
This role will support Oracle’s Government customers.
* Act as lead/mentor for Tier 1 Operators.
* Act as a point of escalation for incidents and other issues arising within the region.
* Operates and performs maintenance to services running within the region.
* Deploys code and executes other changes within the region.
* Troubleshoots operational issues on behalf of service teams.
* Ensures timely resolution and documentation of incidents through bridges.
* Ensures thorough documentation of incidents through company-standard reporting methods.
* Monitors the region for faults, alarms, and other errors. Informs internal teams as required through process and procedure.
* Ability to maintain UK security clearance and have a British passport
* Bachelor’s degree, in Computer Science, MIS or another technical field, or equivalent work experience.
* Experience with Linux.
* Experience deploying code within change management procedures.
* Experience participating in or running incident bridges.
* Experience troubleshooting complex software and/or networking issues.
* Customer obsession, passion for delighting customers.
* Strong understanding of cloud concepts and platforms.
* Experience in cloud technical support, operations, NOC or similar is preferred, but not required.
* Experience working with government customers is preferred, but not required.
* Proven ability to quickly learn new technical domains and then train others.
* Great verbal and written communication skills.
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications.Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Solve complex problems related to infrastructure cloud services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence. Design, write, and deploy software to improve the availability, scalability, and efficiency of Oracle products and services. Design and develop designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems. Facilitate service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
Work with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team on the shared full stack ownership of a collection of services and/or technology areas. Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of production services. Responsible for the design and delivery of the mission critical stack, with focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance. Authority for end-to-end performance and operability. Partner with development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture. Articulate technical characteristics of services and technology areas and guide Development Teams to engineer and add premier capabilities to the Oracle Cloud service portfolio. Understand and communicate the scale, capacity, security, performance attributes, and requirements of the service and technology stack. Demonstrate clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles. Act as ultimate escalation point for complex or critical issues that have not yet been documented as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Utilize a deep understanding of service topology and their dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations. Understand and explain the affect of product architecture decisions on distributed systems. Professional curiosity and a desire to a develop deep understanding of services and technologies.
A BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent. Identifies solutions to knowledge of server hardware and software configuration, networking, standard internet services, scripting languages, cloud computing patterns, technology security and compliance. Experience running large scale customer facing web services. Identifies solutions to understanding of load balancing technologies and experience with development in programming languages, databases and big data stores, and container technologies. Work involves defining and documenting technical architecture of complex and highly scalable products. A minimum of 5+ years experience of running large scale customer facing web services.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Product Development
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire