about 1 month ago
Dates that interviews will take place
Interviews to be arranged locally
£8.36 Per Hour + Benefits
Summary of vacancy
Are you an experienced Site Operative with excellent customer service skills?
Then you can help create a greener UK.
A greener, more environmentally-friendly UK is possible – and we’re making it happen.
As a Site Operative at SUEZ recycling and recovery UK, you’ll be contributing to an ever growing established company that’s helping customers reduce their impact on the environment, conserve natural resources and reduce landfill.
About the role
About the role
* This position is a full time permanent position working 40 hours per week, five out of seven days but will include working some weekends.
* Starting pay is up to £8.36 per hour.
What will I be doing?
* You will advise and assist the public on how to use the site in order to maximise recovery of materials deposited in the sites.
* You will maintain accurate records for the removal of materials from the site.
* You will control the exchange of containers by booking loads with the relevant person thus ensuring the site always has space to segregate and store material correctly.
* You will maintain a tidy site within your areas of responsibility.
* You will ensure SUEZ complies fully with its legal duties in respect of the health, safety and welfare of its employees and of other people who may be affected by your actions or omissions.
* You will co-operate with SUEZ and with other employees in order to comply with the site permit, comply with all applicable legislation, and SUEZ Policies and Procedures.
* Any other duties that are reasonably requested within the scope of the job-role.
* Providing excellent levels of customer service.
What are the requirements?
* We are looking for an enthusiastic team player, who will be expected to join the current site team to ensure site operations exceed the standards required.
* A flexible approach to work will be advantageous as you will be expected to cover holiday and sick days if required.
* A good level of customer service and team work is a key part of this role.
* Mobile plant use is a key part of this role, experience is desirable but full training will be given.
* Potential to gain Institute of Occupational Health & Safety (IOSH) qualifications and Certificate of Technical Competence (COTC) Level 4 Waste Transfer Hazardous Qualification.
Who we are
SUEZ recycling and recovery UK is a forward-thinking company recognised as one of the top places in the UK to work. We are proud of the fantastic opportunities for personal growth and development we offer our people. As we continue to develop and grow, you can play an important part in the essential work we are doing to make businesses and communities more sustainable.
Working at SUEZ recycling and recovery UK is not like most jobs – it means striving to secure our planet’s resources and being part of the resource revolution. By joining us, you will help to safeguard the environment and the public through essential waste and water management services, contribute to the sustainable development of communities, businesses and regions, and promote the emerging low-carbon circular economy.
With a raft of benefits, family-friendly policies and excellent remuneration packages, there’s never been a better time to join SUEZ recycling and recovery UK. A friendly and supportive place that you will love to work in, we believe creativity, clear communication and our drive for excellence are the keys to our success. If you share our thinking – and have the qualities we’re looking for – you could play a big part in our dedicated team.
To find out more or apply, please complete the application form and attach your CV.
*No agencies please*