9 months ago
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain’s railway. From Crossrail – Europe’s largest civil engineering project – to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
This opportunity sits in Supply Chain Operations (SCO), a division of Route Services which is a newly formed function that was created in 2016. SCO procures safe and sustainable products and services that are used to maintain, renew, and enhance the rail infrastructure. Our aim is to deliver outstanding value and exceptional service to our customers, helping the rail industry work together to deliver a more cost effective railway.
What do we do?
Every year we:
· Buy and deliver 2,000km of rail and 2.5 million tonnes of ballast.
· Operate 1,200 rail vehicles.
Behind the scenes we:
· Process £7bn of payments.
· Handle over 23,000 IT helpdesk calls.
· Make sure everyone’s wages are paid on time.
· Mechanical and electrical locking fitters maintain 468 signal boxes and 387 ground frames.
· Operational property helpdesk process over 200,000 calls.
Working in our dynamic Aggregate Handling Depot, you will be responsible for: loading, unloading goods from rail wagons using a Komatsu PC360 (which is fitted with a clamshell); delivering recycled products into road vehicles using a Caterpillar 972 Wheeled Loading Shovel; operating the weighbridge and producing tickets for customers; and also filing out daily stock reports to ensure good database management practices
Does this sound like the role for you? If so, please apply.
About the role (External)
Your typical day will involve the following:
· Handle all aggregate goods from wagons and deliver products to vehicles using mainly a Komatsu PC360 and Caterpillar 972.
· Carrying out work safely and in accordance with the safe systems of work procedures, method statements or other instructions; safety is paramount and you will need to report any Close Call incidents that happen.
· Undertake work associated with the duties that you are trained for and competent in, advising the Site Manager in regards to additional training you require.
· Check that all vehicles, plant, tools, equipment and materials under your control are fit for used and are disposed of correctly.
· Strictly adhere to, and enforce, company policies and procedures, particularly safety ones, at all times.
JOB SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Do you meet the following criteria?
· You will need to have experience in and possess a relevant certification for operating a 360 excavator, material re-handler and a wheeled loading shovel.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience working in a busy team environment.
· Knowledge in daily stock reporting and basic data management.
· IT literate and can use programmes like Microsoft Office.
· Ideally you will have some experience in using a Komatsu PC360 and Caterpillar 972 – not essential.
· Experience working with aggregate goods in a rail environment.
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
This vacancy is paying a salary in the following range:
Salary: £27,500 (circa).
Network Rail adheres to the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS). This is a government standard for pre-employment vetting. All prospective employees will undergo the required checks to meet this standard before joining the company.
Closing date: 9TH November 2017 – late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.
7 months ago
only 3 days until close
4 months ago
only 15 days until close
3 months ago
only 7 days until close
2 months ago
only 18 days until close