5 months ago
Site Manager - Gas - tRIIO
We are recruiting for a Site Manager for our gas engineering team, based in Nottinghamshire. You will provide all necessary coordination of personnel / contractors and site management, customer liaison, supervision and technical support in the delivery of Construction work (replacement, reinforcements, diversions, new connections, multiple occupancy buildings and reinstatement).
* Responsible for ensuring that projects are planned, managed and delivered to the highest standards of safety, compliance, customer excellence and commercial control.
* Management of the entire site and control of all resources to complete the works satisfying the requirements of the design, legislative (e.g. CDM), regulatory and NG / tRIIO technical standards, policies and procedures.
* Surveying, organising, planning and liaising with internal and external stakeholders and contractors, ensuring effective communication and coordination is maintained at all times.
* Undertake site inspection of projects focusing on the safe, compliant delivery of all activities in progress and quality of work completed taking the appropriate action where necessary to address weaknesses or failings.
* Undertake or assist with incident reporting, investigations, submission of final reports as well as close out of remedial actions.
* Undertake or be working towards Temporary Works Supervisor (TWS) duties for temporary works operations.
* Continually monitor performance and foster a culture of team working and safety, creating a culture of zero harm and Injury Free Environment.
* Ensure operatives possess the correct and current qualifications and competencies to allow them to undertake the relevant work activities they are being employed to do.
* Participate in effective and appropriate planning to ensure optimum competent resource is available for the workload.
* Deliver the required targets and key performance indicators of the contract.
* Ensure suitable induction is provided to all workers and visitors to site
* Ensure formal site audits are carried out and recorded in accordance with tRIIO requirements.
* Ensure that communications are delivered effectively so that operatives have an understanding of tRIIO/Area/personal objectives, standards of service and tRIIO performance. Deliver as appropriate toolbox talks, safety briefings and team briefs.
* Attend and participate in internal management and programming meetings.
* Ensure Routine Operation permitry is submitted in a timely manner.
* Investigate and resolve customer enquiries, claims and or complaints in an expedient and professional manner.
* Liaison with Reinstatement department to ensure the efficient and expedient reinstatement of the public and private areas.
* To carry out standby and call out duties as required
* Ensure all required data, records, forms etc. are recorded and submitted accurately and by the appropriate deadlines.
* Proactively work with customers to ensure tRIIO offer an excellent customer service, resolving and/or escalating enquiries and complaints in line with the NG / tRIIO standard.
* Develop and maintain relationships with relevant local authority representatives and supply chain.
* Carry out any other reasonable requests or duties as and when requested for the good of the business.
We're looking for:
* Previous gas supervisory experience
* Authorising Engineer / Competent Person for routine operations (SCO5) would be an advantage
* Gas Safety Passport
* Ability to lead on site and drive performance
* Working knowledge of relevant legislation, codes of practice, safety and statutory regulations.
* Experience in delivering works in a safe and compliant manner
* Competent to support front line operational staff
* Excellent understanding and commitment delivering on customer satisfaction
* Ability to influence and control cost
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Experience in operations relevant to SCO procedures
* Current UK driving licence
Working in partnership with Cadent (formally National Grid) to improve the supply of gas to millions of people living and working in North London and the East of England.
tRIIO is a joint venture organisation, owned by Morrison Utility Services and Skanska UK. Applying for this position could lead to employment within either parent company.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic, we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
Make your next career move with us.
Project and Field Engineering
Skanska UK PLC
Please apply before
: Oct 8, 2017, 11:59:00 PM Drugs and Alcohol Policy