6 months ago
Job number: UK11877
Company/Division: Gas & Water
Career area: Site Management / Superintendent
Region/State: North West
Position type: Full Time
Job type: Permanent
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Site Manager to join our Gas & Water business unit to work in Worlsey, Manchester.
What you'll be doing
As a Site Manager, you will:
* Be responsible for site activity from start to finish of construction of network.
* Plan and programme the daily work to use all resources efficiently.
* Have personal safety, safety of other personnel under your authority and members of the public.
* Report all accidents, dangerous, occurrences and near miss incidents on the company statutory forms.
* Maintain good relationships and set a personal example when visiting locations, client’s councils and public.
* Carry out Risk and COSHH Assessments, Method Statements, Safety and Quality inspections.
* Implement Company Safety policy and Quality / Environment & Security procedures.
Who we're looking for
The following personal qualities and experience are essential:
* Valid U.K Clean Driving Licence.
* Streetworks – Units 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 & 16.
* Direct supervisory experience in the utilities industry/Civil Engineering.
* People management and leadership skills.
* Customer service skills.
* Willing to work at different locations as required.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty’s Gas & Water teams work in the UK and internationally, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services.
Working on long-term, large-scale contracts, we build close, collaborative relationships with our clients. Our teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.
Our water operations cover the whole lifecycle of networks, including clean and waste water mains, metering, treatment facilities and other essential infrastructure. Working closely with the supply chain, we employ industry-leading approaches like BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects.
In the gas sector, we work to expand and renew underground mains, often in busy and high-impact residential and commercial areas. We work closely with clients to manage and plan work intelligently in these areas, minimising the impact this essential work has on local communities.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.