6 months ago
Main Job Purpose
We are looking for a Senior Site Manager with Rail experience to provide site based leadership for all construction and installation operations for our Rail projects in Swindon. You will also be accountable for promoting Health & Safety management, construction best practice and management of site construction resources in close liaison with the Project Manager.
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
* Produce Construction Phase Plans (H&S Plans), Risk Assessments, Work Package Plans (Method Statements) and Task Briefings in line with Murphy procedures
* Ensure that workplaces under their control have effective systems, arrangements and supervision for providing a safe work place and suitable welfare facilities.
* Ensure that suitable project specific execution plans are produced reviewed and updated on a regular basis and their requirements are communicated and understood by all project personnel and any others who may be affected.
* Review, maintain, update and amend safe systems of work to ensure it is safe and without risk to health, and the changes are recorded in Project Construction Phase Plans (H&S Plans).
* Ensure that all project personnel have the necessary experience, training and knowledge to carry out the duties allocated to them.
* Project professional image of self and the company.
* Set personal example and promote best practise in safety, quality and environment.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures.
* Communicate with rest of site team including engineers, quantity surveyors, safety officers and clerk of works to ensure full understanding of information.
* Ensure daily diaries and allocation sheets are up to date.
* Work with engineers on setting out information and details of technical information, contributing to the preparation of method statements.
* Attend and contribute to weekly meetings with site team regarding safety, progress, expenditure, costs and programme.(When required)
* Ensure high standard of quality on the works to at least meet the specification requirements.
* Keep off-site line management apprised of potential problems and future work opportunities.
* Establish and maintain close working relationship with buying department to ensure compliant advantageous procurement terms.
* Establish close working relationship with site supervision to ensure cost-effective use of labour and plant
* Participate in, and positively promote, the Murphy Culture Development Culture (leading to Zero Harm).
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Proven experience working on large civil engineering projects within the rail industry
* Ability to produce, implement and manage safe systems of work for construction procedures
* Ability and confidence to communicate and present to Top Level Management, Senior level clients and public
* An understanding of the commercial issues in undertaking a large scale construction project
* Ability and confidence to discuss engineering issues with people across various levels and disciplines
* Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of the set up and day to day running of a Construction site
* Successful experience as a section / trades foreman
* Knowledge of company policy and procedures including safety and environment related issues (desirable)
* Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of the set up and day to day running of a Construction site (desirable)
* Successful experience as a section / trades foreman (desirable)