8 months ago
Main Purpose of Role
We are looking for a Site Manager to work on an Access for All (AFA) project for TfL, which entails constructing step-free access at four future Elizabeth Line stations on the Great Western Route. You will provide site based leadership for all construction and installation operations; promoting Health & Safety management, construction best practice and management of site construction resources in close liaison with the Project Manager.
* Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
* Produce Construction Phase Plans (H&S Plans), Risk Assessments, Work Package Plans (Method Statements) and Task Briefings in line with Murphy procedures
* Ensure that workplaces under their control have effective systems, arrangements and supervision for providing a safe work place and suitable welfare facilities.
* Ensure that suitable project specific execution plans are produced reviewed and updated on a regular basis and their requirements are communicated and understood by all project personnel and any others who may be affected.
* Review, maintain, update and amend safe systems of work to ensure it is safe and without risk to health, and the changes are recorded in Project Construction Phase Plans (H&S Plans).
* Ensure that all project personnel have the necessary experience, training and knowledge to carry out the duties allocated to them.
* Project professional image of self and the company.
* Set personal example and promote best practise in safety, quality and environment.
* Comply with all company policies and procedures.
* Communicate with rest of site team including engineers, quantity surveyors, safety officers and clerk of works to ensure full understanding of information.
* Ensure daily diaries and allocation sheets are up to date.
* Work with engineers on setting out information and details of technical information, contributing to the preparation of method statements.
* Attend and contribute to weekly meetings with site team regarding safety, progress, expenditure, costs and programme.(When required)
* Ensure high standard of quality on the works to at least meet the specification requirements.
* Participate in, and positively promote, the Murphy Culture Development Culture (leading to Zero Harm).
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Proven experience of working on large civil engineering projects
* Ability to produce, implement and manage safe systems of work for construction procedures.
* Ability and confidence to communicate and present to Top Level Management, Senior level clients and public.
* An understanding of the commercial issues in undertaking a large scale construction project.
* Successful experience as a section / trades foreman (desirable)
* Demonstration of knowledge and practical application of the set up and day to day running of a Construction site.
* Experience of working on rail projects (desirable)