11 months ago
At BAM FM customer service is at the heart of what we do.
BAM FM is recruiting a Site Engineer Supervisor to join the FM team to support a contract based in Birmingham. You will be expected to take full responsibility for the building maintenance. As part of this role, you will be required to work flexible hours and complete a variety of tasks related to this role to ensure the continued smooth operation of the contract.
About the role
You will focus on:
• Carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance and complete the appropriate paperwork and reports.
• Ensuring effective communication between the client and BAM FM.
• Carrying out Reactive and emergency breakdown tasks and complete the associated paperwork.
• Undertake Line Management duties for other BAM FM staff on site
• Assisting other team members when required or as directed from the Contracts Manager.
• Ensuring that all tasks are completed within the contractual time scales.
• Proactively reduce energy consumption on site.
• Overseeing visiting sub-contractors with regards to standard of work and Health and Safety.
• Carrying out all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Understanding and completing all work related documentation accurately and on time.
• Carrying out work in a safe and diligent manner.
• Complying with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required.
Who are we looking for?
To succeed in this role you will have:
• Qualified to City & Guilds Level II/III or equivalent in relevant disciplines to role, electrically bias preferred.
• Experience of electrical/mechanical maintenance, testing & fault finding on a variety of equipment including air conditioning, plumbing, boiler plant, ventilation, pumps, generators, switchgear, cables, batteries, small power and lighting (where applicable).
• An understanding of Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), service targets and objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
• Knowledge of Health & Safety and safe working practices.
• Strong customer care focus.
• Good communication skills.
• Proactive approach.
• Able to anticipate and/or diagnose and repair faults.
• Capable of completing essential paperwork in accurate and timely manner.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate. By 2020 we will have a visibly inclusive culture attracting the best talent to our diverse business by having an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their full potential.