6 months ago
Site Engineer - Hinkley Point C
Job number: UK15175
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, South West, Bristol
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Site Engineer to join our Major Projects team based in Avonmouth.
This role will be working on the landmark Hinkley Point C Nuclear Reactor project and will give candidates excellent experience in the UK's new Nuclear construction sector.
* Building bespoke complex reinforced concrete structures for the Nuclear and Marine environment.
* Using new cutting edge technology, including fully integrated 3D modelling and 4D planning.
What you'll be doing
As a Site Engineer, your main accountabilities will be as follows:
* Checking technical information (specifications and drawings); identification of any ambiguities or shortcomings therein and reporting to line manager to enable Technical Queries to be raised for their resolution;
* Ensure that sufficient information is available on drawings and sketches to set out the works in accordance with the programme and report any inconsistencies in the information provided to the section engineer to resolve;
* Dimensional setting out and control of temporary and permanent works;
* Arrange and allow time for independent checking where required;
* Checking the calibration of survey equipment;
* Undertake Quantity take off for materials from drawings to enable requisitions to be raised.
Who we're looking for
The following personal qualities and experience are required:
* Degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HND in Civil Engineering
* Site experience in Civil Engineering
* Relevant CSCS Card;
* Willingness to work as part of a team, to gain knowledge and experience from colleagues and supervisors and to accept challenges.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.