29 days ago
We are now looking for additional Site Engineers with strong water/wastewater sector experience to join our growing Operations team, working specifically on projects in the Cardiff region as part of our framework with Welsh Water.
* Assisting the QS with quantities and project progress
* Attending site meetings with the construction and design teams
* Reporting progress on site to senior management
* Supporting the senior site engineer and project manager with day to day running of the project
* Acting under the site manager as a technical advisor on site for specialist subcontractors
* Setting out, levelling and surveying the site
* Checking plans, drawings and setting out co ordination
* Overseeing quality control and the implementation of the company’s health and safety policy on site
* Preparing reports as required for the site manager and project manager
* Having a proactive approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
* Civil Engineering background in the Construction / Water Industry
* Experienced Site Engineer
* HNC (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
* Thorough understanding of safety, environmental and quality management processes
* Setting out experience
* NEC / JCT awareness
* Good knowledge of temporary works
* Experience of both incident and near miss reporting
* SMSTS / CSCS
* Good IT Skills
* Excellent communication skills and confidence to work closely with clients
* Full clean UK driving licence
Salary range is competitive and commensurate with experience
MMBC is a region of Mott MacDonald, offering our clients full feasibility, design and construction services throughout the UK.
JN Bentley are successfully working alongside companies such as; Yorkshire Water, Welsh Water, Severn Trent Water, Anglian Water, Environment Agency, United Utilities, Northumbrian Water, Thames Water and Rolls Royce has allowed us to progress as a leader in the construction and civil engineering sectors whilst developing and maintaining an excellent reputation with our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Job category (multi-select)
Site, Utility, Water
Site Engineer | Mott MacDonald