2 months ago
Job number: UK18004
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, South East, Dartford
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Site Engineer to join our Highways team to work at the Lower Thames Crossing, Dartford.
* To undertake Site Engineering control and implementation of works on site, including monitoring and
reporting of progress.
What you'll be doing
As a Site Engineer you will:
* Live the Balfour Beatty Values;
* Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm;
* Support the delivery of CSUKs Sustainability activities.
Health Safety & Environmental:
* Produce Task Briefing Sheets;
* Contribute to production of Permit to Dig, including briefing to the workforce;
* Carry out associated briefings;
* Carry out Safety Inspections;
* Carry out hazard identification and contribution to development of Safe System of Work.
* Set out from primary control provided by others;
* Provide the provision of sketches detailing the setting out information installed;
* Maintain survey equipment including registers of equipment and testing regimes;
* Read and determine information from drawings, schedules and specification;
* Use and Navigate the design model using Navisworks.
* Produce as-built drawings & records for every element of the works involved in;
* Complete Quality Check Sheets and production of information for Handover Documentation in a timely manner in line with program and Inspection Test plans;
* Maintain accurate records Daily Diary, photographs, records of site discussions.
* Measure actual materials used and reconciles with theoretical measure, reporting and investigating reasons for differences;
* Work to Weekly Programme (drafted by others) and marks up progress achieved weekly;
* Contribute to collection of data for Key Performance Indicators, including reasons for difference.
* Produce accurate daily diary of resources, including labour, plant, materials, subcontractors and outputs;
* Produce weekly measure. Take offs and schedules materials accurately, producing accurate and clear requisitions, following through to delivery;
* Understand what is classified as additional work and understands how to record this;
* Be familiar with actual resourcing levels versus budget and reporting of reasons for difference.
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
* Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately;
* Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes;
* Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights;
* Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility;
* Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card;
* Must be a good team player, with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Health Safety & Environmental:
* Understands Permit to Dig System;
* Environmental awareness.
* Setting out techniques ability to use level & EDM, plus GPS;
* Able to report issues with control and information provided.
* Reads and understands drawings and schedules;
* Understands Activity Control Plans and production of resultant information for handover file;
* Strong understanding of construction tolerances;
* Awareness and use of Specification and other Contract documents;
* Able to produce detailed documentation for handover of completed works.
* Able to take off and schedule material quantities accurately.
* Knowledge of specification and contract documents;
* Understands what constitutes additional works.
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
* Leadership skills developing;
* Targeting and actively progressing professional accreditation (eg ICE, IHT).
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.