3 months ago
Job number: UK17663
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, West Midlands, Stafford
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a SITE ENGINEER to join our Regional team to work in Sywnnerton.
To undertake Site Engineering control and implementation of works on site, including monitoring and reporting of progress.
What you'll be doing
As a SITE ENGINEER, you will have the following accountabilities:
* Production of Task Briefing Sheets
* Contribution to production of Permit to Dig, including briefing to the workforce
* Carries out associated briefings
* Carries out Safety Inspections
* Hazard Identification and contribution to development of Safe System of Work
* Checking setting out by subcontractors
* The provision of sketches detailing access information
* Maintain survey equipment including registers of equipment and testing regimes
* Read and determine information from drawings, schedules and specification
* Production of as-built records for every element of the works involved in
* Completion of Quality Check Sheets and production of information for Handover Documentation in a timely manner in line with programme
* Maintaining accurate records Daily Diary, photographs, records of site discussions
* Measures actual materials used and reconciles with theoretical measure, reporting and investigating reasons for differences
* Works to Weekly Programme (drafted by others) and marks up progress achieved weekly
* Contributes to collection of data for Key Performance Indicators, including reasons for difference
* Production of accurate daily diary of resources, including labour, plant, materials, subcontractors and outputs
* Produces weekly measure. Take offs and schedules materials accurately, producing accurate and clear requisitions, following through to delivery
* Understands what is classified as additional work and understands how to record this
* Familiar with actual resourcing levels versus budget and reporting of reasons for difference
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately
* Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes
* Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights
* Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility
* Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card
* Must be a good team player, with strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Understands Permit to Dig System
* Environmental awareness
* Setting out techniques ability to use level & EDM, plus GPS
* Able to report issues with control and information provided
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.