about 1 month ago
Job Title: Site Engineer
Location: NI and or GB, travel as required to meet business needs and project requirements
Reporting to: Project Manager, Whitemountain
Main Purpose: Provide professional level management, supervision and technical input across a range of contracts, including Civil Engineering Framework Contracts or one-off Civil Engineering Projects. Maintaining good relationships with clients, management of site resources, dimensional control, setting out and ensuring Health, Safety, Quality and environmental targets are achieved.
Key Tasks: The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive:
* Compliance with Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements.
* Setting out works accurately using Total Station, GPS and dumpy level, communicate setting out control and provide information to assist with the construction of works.
* Assist the construction manager/ foreperson with site records, risk assessments, method statements, toolbox talks and permits as appropriate.
* Accurate and timely delivery of the projects on schedule and within budget, ensuring project performance targets are achieved.
* Manage materials used throughout the project and that these are ordered in a timely and efficient manner.
* Effectively manage site employees and sub-contractors site team to achieve contract KPI’s.
* Effectively manage workforce issues and develop a team environment.
* Develop and maintain Client relationships, providing updates on progress, gaining feedback on completed works and assist in the resolving of operational issues.
* Portray a professional image to all external bodies, in the management of the contract/project.
* Responsible, in conjunction with the contract management team, for contractual and site administration, keeping accurate records of all stages of the contract/project.
* Support and assist with monthly valuations / cost management & control.
* Numerous types of surveying and reports- Topographical, GPS, CCTV Drainage Inspections etc.
* Planning work and efficiently organising plant, materials and site facilities in order to meet deadlines.
* To undertake any other reasonable duties as required by this function.
* Third level qualification in Civil Engineering or a related discipline (Minimum of HND or equivalent standard).
* Minimum of two years relevant and recent post qualification experience
* Previous experience working at Site Engineer level on civil engineering projects with core project values ranging between £50K to £15M.
* Experience of managing Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental processes within a civil engineering project.
* Experience using GPS/TST and other setting out equipment.
* Knowledge and experience using Auto Cad computer packages.
* Ability to constructively solve problems both short-term and long-term in a site environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, providing relevant reports.
* Valid CSR card.
* Driving licence to enable the post holder to fulfil the duties of the role
* 3 – 5 years relevant site experience
* Experience with Highway Engineering Construction Methodology.
* Experience of working to ISO accredited standards.
* Knowledge of CDM, preparation of RAMS.
* Health, Safety & Environment- Committed to safe ways of working and aware of the importance of working safely to avoid risk to self and others
* Customer focus- Commercially focused, providing an effective and efficient service, ability to manage and control costs within budgets, working to resolve contractual issues with customers in a timely and pro-active manner
* Teamwork- Strong team player, forming positive working relationships within the team and with all departments, willing to be flexible and adaptable
* Continuous Improvement- A problem solver, wanting to continuously improve ways of working, ability to plan and manage several sites/projects simultaneously, ensuring internal and external customers’ needs are met
* Personal Development- Self-starter, highly motivated and able to work on own initiative, able to manage and motivate a team, resolving employee issues in an effective way, able to make effective decisions
* Honesty & Integrity- Committed to working ethically and honestly, supportive of colleagues
* Passion for Excellence- Delivers high quality work, excellent communication and reporting skills, able to effectively communicate with a range of different stakeholders
* Resilience – Copes well under pressure and can adapt to manage challenging situations.
Closing date for applications
4th February, 2021