8 months ago
Site Engineer (Nights) – HS2 Enabling Works - Birmingham, West Midlands (County)
Murphy Group is looking to speak to a confident Engineer (Civils) to provide support to the Project Manager and site team for a high profile project. You will deal with all site engineering matters, related to setting out, engineering solutions, progress control and record keeping.
As part of HS2 enabling works, LME have been awarded the Work Package 62. The project focus is highways and utility diversion and comprises heavy earthworks, roadworks (tarmac, signalling, fencing white lining), traffic management, deep drainage works, multiple utilities diversions, non-contestable utility connections and construction of attenuation pond with the associated penstock chambers and outfalls.
* Accurate setting out of the works and dimensional control.
* Resolving technical problems at all levels.
* Carry out inspections in accordance with the Inspection and Test Plan in a timely manner.
* The production of survey information and red – lined drawings for the completion of the As-built records.
* Ensuring activities are carried out in safe manner in accordance with the Project Safety Plan.
* Accurate maintenance of Quality Management System records.
* Ensure equipment is calibrated, in date and suitable checked in accordance with company policies and the manufacturers’ defined requirements.
* Ensure the site diary is accurately maintained noting against each record the date, location and serial number of equipment used.
* Ensure construction operations are carried out in accordance with the Contract requirements using the appropriate agreed procedures.
* Makes sure that only competent personnel are used to carry out the Works. Policies the outputs to confirm that the required level of quality is maintained.
* Co-ordination and supervision of Sub-contractors in the performance of the Works.
* Informing senior management of any non-conformances or poor workmanship.
* Minimises environmental disturbance during construction works.
* Supervises the outputs and confirms that the project environmental requirements are met.
* Close liaison with the Site Foreman and Works Managers.
* Ensure that only the latest issue drawings and documents are being used.
* Ensure all materials on site are suitable, stored in line with manufacturer’s recommendations current working practice, contract specification or project requirements.
* Assist the Site Management team to update KPI’s, material reconciliation and progress reports.
* Highways / street work experience
* Good understanding of Highways Specifications and Traffic Management Regulations.
* Good technical knowledge of highways specification, setting out of utilities diversion trenches, earthworks and drainages.
* Degree qualified Civil Engineering or Similar
* CSCS Card (relevant type)
* Flexible to work permanent nights (Monday – Friday)