about 1 month ago
Job number: UK14865
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, South East, Maidstone
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Site Engineer to join our Highways team to work in Maidstone.
* To undertake Site Engineering control and implementation of works on site, including monitoring and reporting of progress.
What you'll be doing
As a Site Engineer, you will have the following accountabilities:
* Production of RAMS and Task Briefing Sheets;
* Contribution to production of Permit to Dig, including briefing to the workforce;
* Carries out associated briefings;
* Carries out Safety Inspections;
* Hazard Identification and contribution to development of Safe System of Work .
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience;
* Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately;
* Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes;
* Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights;
* Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.