5 months ago
Job number: UK14116
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, South West, Bristol
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Site Engineer to join our Major Projects team to work in Avonmouth.
What you'll be doing
As a Site Engineer, you will have the following accountabilities:
* Setting out from primary control provided by others
* Maintain survey and measuring equipment
* Maintain calibration register
* Check Reinforcement cages to design and spec.
* Production of Reinforcement scan surveys
* Manages a online data sheet and extract reportable data
* Daily segment dimensional measuring
* Completion of Quality Check Sheets
* Maintaining accurate records Daily Diary
Health Safety & Environmental
* Carries out associated briefings
* Carries out Field Inspections
* Author of RAMS
* Hazard Identification
* Measures actual materials used and compares with theoretical measure
* Works to ITP for works ongoing
* Produces weekly measure. Take offs and schedules materials accurately
* Understands what is classified as additional work
Who we're looking for
You will have the following experience and qualities:
* Basic setting out techniques ability to use level & theodolite
* Reinforced Concrete structures
* Concrete testing
* Ability to read reinforcement drawings
* Reads and understands drawings
* Understands ACP
* Understanding of construction tolerances
* Awareness of Specification and other Contract documents
Health Safety & Environmental
* Understands Permit System and actively raises permits to Work
* Basic environmental awareness
* Able to take off and schedule material quantities accurately
* Production of KPIs
* Knowledge of specification and contract documents
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
From wind farms to railways, through tunnels and over bridges; our design and construction teams have been successfully delivering complex projects for over 100 years.
We have a proven record of delivering and managing tailor-made infrastructure and construction schemes for each of our customers. Our recent schemes have included the London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Heathrow Airport's Terminal 2B, Whitelee Windfarm and the White City Development Substation.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.