10 months ago
Purpose of Role
As part of significant government investment to enhance the B2K route we are working on schemes that bring together the design, build and refurbishment of complex multi-discipline major Railway Infrastructure Projects.
Carillion Rail projects are seeking a Site Engineer required to support a multi-discipline rail project in the Bedford/Kettering area. Experience of working on rail and/or civil engineering projects (Earthworks, Civils/Structures) preferred but not essential. You will be responsible for supporting the planning and delivery of site work, working on challenging technical engineering aspects of the project reporting to the Project Manager.
We have a strong work-bank forecasting with exciting opportunities to develop a career in infrastructure.
- Ensure necessary information is provided to Operatives and Subcontractors to ensure efficient construction.
- Monitor productivity and supervise setting out, engineers, operatives and subcontractors and associated plant.
- Monitor activities to ensure finished work is in accordance with design, drawings, specifications and Employer's Requirements.
- Compile short term resourced programmes and monitor progress against short term programme and master programme.
- Monitor and record additional work, dayworks and/or delays.
- Identify, manage and monitor risks (safety, quality, environment, programme and commercial).
- Liaise with Employers Representatives, Designers and Third Parties.
- Identify requirement, arrange design, install and monitor temporary works.
- Establish and implement quality, safety and environmental systems. Monitor activities to ensure compliance with these systems.
- Identify and resolve Technical Queries.
- Produce Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Operations Plans and Inspection & Test Plans.
- Monitor activities to ensure compliance with these items.
- Produce materials ordering schedules and monitor materials utilisation on site.
- Procure materials and assist in procurement of subcontractors.
- Understanding and application of Early Contractor Involvement /Partnering / JV Culture (Interpersonal Skills, Teamwork, Communication and Negotiation). Maintain as-built records.
Additional Role Information
A career with Carillion is rewarding in more ways than one. As well as the chance to do meaningful work, you can typically expect to enjoy:
* Competitive salary
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Company Vehicle & Fuel Card
* Pension scheme
* Private health insurance
Carillion ‘Thank you’ scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and discounts on High Street brands