about 1 year ago
Control all day to day activities on schemes valued between £100k - £2million, predominantly within the Civils sector. Responsible for one large site or multiple small sites at any one time reporting to their Senior Project Manager.
* Induct workforce, review and prepare risk assessments and method statements.
* Monitor progress against programme, taking off and calling off materials in advance of work.
* Maintain up to date and accurate records of measurement for direct and subcontract works.
* Maintain company quality assurance documentation for ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001 systems.
* Prepare daily and weekly progress reports, variation reports for the scheme.
* Manage information flow and identify technical queries.
* It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility.
* The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
* To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
* To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
* Health and Safety.
* Customer satisfaction.
* Accuracy of information.
* Progress reports.
* Weekly Programmes.
* Quality control.
Experience and Qualifications
* Computer literate, including Microsoft project.
* CSCS card – minimum gold standard.
* 5 day Site Managers Safety certificate.
* Experience of civil engineering scheme of values £100k - £2million.
* First aid at work certificate desirable.
* Full clean UK driving licence.
* Encourage and supports other colleagues.
* Friendly and approachable and caring.
* Has a ‘can do / will do’ attitude.
* Analysis own performance and takes steps to improve this.
* Remains focused when faced with competing demands.
* Keeps people informed of progress on key tasks.
* Adapts their communication style to suit their customer / colleague responding to their feedback.
* Is open to new ideas and listens to others point of view.
* Is open and honest.
* Consistently makes decision which brings benefit to customers.
* Conducts themselves in a courteous and professional manner.
* Professional behaviour at all times.
* Good IT Skills.