about 1 year ago
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a suitably experienced Site Agent to join our Regional team in the Greater London area.
* Ensure quality control requirements are met and recorded in accordance with specification.
* Operate and promote a high standard of health and safety and environment.
* Check engineering drawings/specifications, identifying and resolving design conflicts.
* Ensure Method Statements and Risk Assessments are in place for all aspects of the works. Review and approve RAMs produced by the supply chain and others.
* Prepare construction programmes through liaison with production staff and specialist sub-contractors. Monitor programme and report on progress, identify any areas of concern and raise with Manager.
* Communicate with production operatives and put resources to work effectively.
* Ensure effective communication between members of the project team including other Staff, Client Representatives and Professional Teams.
* Take ownership for commercial issues for section or whole of the work. Fully understand the scope of works, tendered outputs and variations.
* Develop an understanding of the Contractual Terms and Conditions and how these should be communicated and notified.
* Understand monthly PMR process and contribute to forecasting.
* Contribute to the business on any level asked to, including part of bid team, project delivery, contribute to agreement of final account, attend to any defects post completion.
* Represent the company in a positive and professional manner.
* Comply fully with Company’s Business Management System (BMS).
* Any other duties relevant to the role assigned by Manager as identified within the Project Responsibility Matrix.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
* Experience of working within the civil engineering industry for a main contractor (essential).
* Educated to Degree level or equivalent (BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering is desirable).
* Sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations.
* Good understanding of commercial consequences of engineering decisions taken.
* Ability to work to tight deadlines and consistently deliver safe and efficient projects on time.
* Excellent team player will the ability to lead and motivate
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to use initiative
* Strong attention to detail
* Logical and organised
* Full UK driving licence
* Valid CSCS card
This role presents an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with opportunities for career development and progression. We offer an attractive salary with benefits which include a generous pension scheme, private healthcare, life insurance cover, and 35 days leave (including public holidays).
Dawnus is an Equal Opportunities Employer