3 months ago
Newcastle, Seaham, Durham, Middlesbrough
We are looking for additional Site Agents with strong water/wastewater sector experience to join our growing Operations team, working specifically on projects in the Northumbrian region.
* Manage day to day site operations to ensure construction is conducted in a safe manner, within budget, on schedule and in accordance with the appropriate standards, specifications, and regulatory requirements
* Carrying out regular inspections to monitor performance and ensure health & safety compliance throughout the construction process
* Maintain site diary
* Manage labour, plant, and materials on site in conjunction with the Foreman
* Manage subcontractors and direct labour
* Conduct review meetings and report regularly on all construction activities including budget, scheduling, personnel, and other resource requirements
* Assist the estimating team in the preparation of the project estimate or cost plans
* Contribute to work planning, and briefing project teams, contractors, and suppliers
* Full handover of projects
* Experienced Site Manager, able to lead by example
* Civil Engineering background in the Construction / Water Industry
* Strong managerial skills
* Experience of working in Design & Build
* Thorough understanding of safety, environmental and quality management processes
* Thorough understanding of commercial, contractual and procurement processes
* NEC / JCT awareness
* Good knowledge of temporary works
* Experience of both incident and near miss reporting
* SMSTS / CSCS
* Good IT Skills
* Excellent communication skills and confidence to work closely with clients
* Full clean UK driving licence
Salary range is competitive and commensurate with experience
About JN Bentley
JN Bentley – part of the global engineering consultancy Mott MacDonald – is a leading civil engineering and construction company, delivering design-and-build projects with clients in the water sector and beyond, across the UK.
We directly employ over 1,300 people across 9 office locations and hundreds of construction sites nationwide. We have a turnover in excess of £300 million, delivered by our water utilities design and build business Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB), our environmental design and build business Jeremy Benn Associates-Bentley (JBA-B) and directly by JN Bentley.
At JN Bentley we believe that when we care about what we do, we do it better. Because we care about our people - keeping them safe, making sure they are happy, enjoy coming to work and feel valued - we are committed to creating a fun workplace, where people have a voice, are safe, reach their potential and prosper, and where the rewards are shared.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
JN Bentley Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. We promote an open and transparent culture and a workplace where everyone feels included and is treated fairly and with respect.
We are committed to providing a flexible and agile working environment that supports both our employees and the needs of the business. This role is likely to be predominantly home based, with opportunity for some office working.
Job category (multi-select)
Civil, Construction, Infrastructure, Site, Water
Site Agent | Mott MacDonald