24 days ago
Job number: UK18005
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, South East, Dartford
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Site Agent to join our Highways team to work at the Lower Thames Crossing, Dartford.
* Oversee delivery of projects to be delivered as part of A2 Ebbsfleet and Bean.
What you'll be doing
As a Site Agent you will:
* Manage supply chain partners and operatives on site to deliver a programme of works;
* Key point of contact for the Client for developing programmes and performance reporting;
* Provide Weekly/Monthly planning, programming and integration of works, minimising road space occupancy;
* Provide close liaison with commercial team to ensure accurate estimates are produced;
* Ensure works and are carried out to client specification and delivered to agreed costs and provide accurate records for commercial team;
* Manage Quality, Health & Safety and environment in all operations;
* Ensure personnel are adequately trained, competent and working to sector scheme standards;
* Manage, recruit and develop staff. Motivate staff and evaluate
performance using agreed review processes. Ensure fair and uniform application of disciplinary procedures;
* Produce and review method statements and risk assessments to current working
practices and legislation;
* Engage the Client and Supply chain in early contractor involvement pre-start of any scheme work to ensure effective, efficient and safe delivery of all works;
* Ensure contract targets/KPIs are met and maintained;
* Basic management of operatives absenteeism, performance and discipline;
* Any other duties commensurate with the role.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Personal:
Minimum qualifications and skills:
* Full driving licence;
* Appropriate level sector scheme accreditation;
* Highway Maintenance;
* Highway / Civil Construction;
* Construction, Design and Maintenance experience (CDM);
* Civil Engineering Contracting.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.