about 1 month ago
Job number: UK16316
Company/Division: Construction Services UK
Career area: Design Engineering
UK, West Midlands, Stafford
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a SITE AGENT to join our Regional team based in Stafford, working on our Ground Investigation project supporting HS2.
* To manage a section of works on the HS2 GI package leading a multi-disciplinary team comprising Sub Agent, Section Engineer and Site Engineers and supporting the Project Management team.
What you'll be doing
As a SITE AGENT, you will have the following accountabilities:
* Sets targets and KPIs in line with Project / Business objectives and monitors performance
* Carries out periodic Safety & Environment Tours as required by the Project H & S Plan
* Leads / Reviews Accident / Incident Investigations. Reviews and appraises findings and leads / directs the appropriate action arising (HFACS and Four Page Reports)
* Appraises improvement options and leads action / instigates as appropriate
* Monitors effectiveness of the H & S Management System
* Keeps up to date with changes in legislation and cascades information to the team
* Ensures that sufficient resources are allocated to the Works Section and that each has an appropriate level of ability
* Identifies and arranges training as required
* Sets targets and KPIs in line with Project objectives and monitors performance
* Ensures site audits are undertaken and takes appropriate action on the findings
* Appraises improvement options and leads / instigates actions as appropriate
* Implements systems and processes
* Involved in working groups focused on Improvement Area
* Overall ownership of Handover Documentation for Section of works
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
* Understands method statements and guides others in document production
* Understands and can guide others in the principles of Accident / Incident Investigation
* Good working knowledge of current H & S legislation
* Proficient in the application of Company Systems
* Innovative approach to enhancing safe systems of work
* Experienced in resource allocation and up-skilling
* Understands the Organisational Business Management Systems and processes
* Clear understanding of the requirements for handover and self-certification of the works, including management experience of the same
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.