7 months ago
Due to successful growth and strong long-term demand for our services, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced site agent to join our team in Newport, assisting with the delivery of a key framework with our client Welsh Water.
Suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate their capability to manage multiple value sites. We’re looking for someone with excellent communication skills who can demonstrate their ability to organise, manage and motivate a small team of site operatives and subcontract staff to produce a finished product of the highest standard. You will also be comfortable in the use of IT and programming skills using MS Project would be an advantage.
* Liaising with a range of project stakeholders from designers, quantity surveyors, client project managers, and client operations staff.
* Maintaining strict quality control procedures and ensuring compliance with all environmental and health & safety legislation and policies. As such, the role requires you to be conversant with current legislation.
Managing and motivating a small team of site operatives and specialist subcontract staff, ensuring your team produce a finished product of the highest standard.
* Waste/Clean Water experience is preferred.
* Excellent organisational communication skills
* Team player, who has the ability to self-start and work independently
* Full driving licence
* Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
* Mechanical bias would be an advantage
* Experience in the water industry would be an advantage, as well as being environmentally and contractually aware
What you will get:
* Excellent Pension
* Competitive salary
* The opportunity to work with a fantastic team in a thriving business
* 26 days holiday
* Private healthcare
* Life assurance and income protection
* Access to discounts and cash back schemes
JN Bentley is a leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry and directly employing over 1,600 people. We are a rapidly expanding business with a turnover of £310 million, we are a business who believes in investing in our employees with over £1 million and 33,500 training hours on training and development last year.
A significant and growing proportion of JN Bentley’s work, particularly in the water sector, is delivered through Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB) a fully-integrated design-and-construct venture. MMB was established in 1999 and since then the joint venture has gone from strength to strength, winning multiple client and industry awards for quality and innovation.
Successfully working alongside companies such as; National Grid, Rolls Royce, Northumbrian Water, Yorkshire Water, Welsh Water, Severn Trent Water, Environment Agency, and the Coal authority has allowed us to progress as a leader in the construction and civil engineering sectors whilst developing and maintaining an excellent reputation with our clients. We pride ourselves on finding innovative solutions to construction problems and applying the latest information technology to help drive efficiencies and reduce waste in our processes without compromising on quality.
JN Bentley Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Job category (multi-select)
Building, Civil, Construction, Site, Utility, Water