7 months ago
Signalling Project Engineer
Job number: UK17326
Career area: Operational Specialists
UK, East Midlands, Derby
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Signalling Project Engineer to join our Rail team to work in Derby.
* To provide rail signalling support, scoping, pricing, delivery and assurance of projects within the minor signalling works framework.
What you'll be doing
As an Signalling Project Engineer role you will:
* Support the Minor Works framework Project Manager to scope, price, deliver and assure all works within the framework area;
* Act as engineering manager or project engineer on allocated schemes and as CEM, CRE or responsible signalling engineer (RSE) as required;
* Undertake technical liaison with clients and sub-contractors on technical issues;
* Ensure all minor works elements of work are delivered to the required standards or deviations from them are managed effectively;
* Carry out risk assessments for all rail engineering disciplines of projects;
* Understand the rail standards framework and review changes to signalling standards and produce briefings as required;
* Work towards gaining Engineering Manager Projects (7.8.110F) or Senior Engineering Manager Projects (7.8.230F) licence;
* Carry out technical and safety audits on projects and of sub-contract organisations;
* Monitor health & safety within rail telecoms sub-contractors to ensure Balfour Beatty requirements are met;
* Attend team, technical and safety briefs. Undertake site visits;
* Comply with and promote health, quality, safety and environmental instructions;
* Attend contract reviews for rail engineering, delivery and assurance interests;
* Act as work package manager for allocated units of work;
* Attend networking meetings internally and externally to promote the companys capabilities;
* Maintenance, update and completion of the project Health & Safety file;
* Manage the closure of any test logs raised during a project;
* Ensure all SMTH, G110, A210, SWTH and TMTH elements of a contact are carried out correctly.
Who we're looking for
Personal Qualities and Experience:
* Customer liaison;
* Computer operating skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
* Ability to drive;
* Planning and organisational;
* Good communication;
* Risk assessment;
* Audit and questioning;
* Ability to solve technical problems;
* IRSE licence Engineering Manager Projects (7.8.110F), Senior Engineering Manager Projects (7.8.230F);
* Valid PTS with AC/DC;
* Working towards corporate membership of the IRSE.
* Railway signalling systems and sub-systems at a minor works, maintenance and renewals level;
* Design of signalling systems especially non-conceptual / functionally equivalent design;
* Commissioning of signalling systems;
* Appropriate industry standards relating to signalling and telecoms work;
* Quality, health, safety and environmental Regulations and standards;
* CDM Regulations.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Planner;
* Financial and commercial.
* Audit A1, A2 or V1 for internal & external auditing;
* Batchelor or Masters degree in an engineering discipline;
* Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer
* Railway signalling systems and sub-systems at a complex level;
* Client contract and term & conditions;
* Line & team management.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty Rail Limited is an international leader in rail infrastructure engineering projects and the UK's largest rail engineering and services provider. We offer a full range of rail infrastructure activities from high-speed rail to mass rapid transit, covering urban, rural and commuter routes, for both public and private railways.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.