about 1 year ago
The incumbent will support the Production Manager with the implantation of operational, safe and consistent best practices through all activities within the Production Team, leading the Production shift(s) in areas of technical response and supporting production activity and day-today safety management.
The incumbent will support the day to day operations in the manufacturing area for both production and packaging of products. They will lead on technical aspects of Production, working closely with the Shift Lead Technician to provide expertise and knowledge to make and inform safety, production, and quality decisions, enabling the plant to reach its potential as identified in the production plan.
They will work closely with other teams to assist in coordinating activities, i.e. the Maintenance and Engineering Teams to ensure quick and efficient turnaround of reactive maintenance activities, as well as planned activities and an input into any project work.
SAFETY AND COMPLIANCE
* Lead role in maintaining a safe and tidy working environment that meets Company standards.
* Provide full compliance with all regulatory requirements incumbent to the operation.
* Embody all the general safety rules and procedures within the site and take a lead role in maintaining these standards within the shift team(s).
* Be fully conversant with and competent in the operation of the site permitting systems, the Ecolab Life Critical Procedures, and all aspects of the site Emergency Preparedness Procedures. Acts as senior process person at Process Forward Control, in the absence of, or in conjunction with the Shift Lead Technician.
* Capable of developing, writing and editing Operating Procedures for the production areas of the plant.
* Understand the principals of Process Safety Management and Management of Change processes, to enable them to participate at safety review/risk assessment/HAZOP etc.
* Understand all process activities, blends and reactions, and the impact from and on process equipment.
* Ensure the quality of production carried out is such that the customer receives a quality product conforming to company specifications.
* Take the lead role working closely with the QA team in trouble shooting issues/problems within the production environment and work towards 100% Right First Time production.
* Oversee product commercialisation on plant equipment, monitoring and recording relevant information for presentation or documentation.
* Understand all computer systems and documentation relevant to the production team (ie. Fox IA, KOVs COSHH, NSOI’s, SAP etc.)
* Be able to run some QA tests on night shift to enable batch progression.
* Be able to share the responsibility, with the Shift Lead Technician in communicating the production, packaging and shipping priorities from the Daily Operations Meeting, leading in technical expertise and business drivers on the Shift.
* Monitor vessel operations to track Overall Production Efficiency (OPE) recognising and communicating opportunities for improvement
* To be able to identify savings both financial and productive within the plant operations.
* Work closely with the Process Engineer to provide training packages for the shift production teams for all new equipment, processes and chemistries introduced to the manufacturing plant at Fawley.
* With the Shift Lead Technician be key to the shift’s assessments (PPDs) at the end of each year.
* Share learnings with other Shift Technical Leads to ensure continuity and standardisation across all shifts.
* Generate a productive and pro-active working environment within the shift teams, identify and manage key objectives/incentives to continually improve the productivity and efficiency of the Fawley plant in line with strategic goals.
* Develop, support and lead on various projects, including CapEx, to drive improvements in Safety, Savings and Service.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Qualification in chemistry, process and/or engineering.
* Extensive experience in a relevant industry and can demonstrate leadership and technical skills.
* Computer literacy e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Experience in SAP. (preferable)
It is essential that incumbent can demonstrate competency as a reactor technician and have a full understanding of ALL the functions in the production/process area. A full training package for all aspects of the role will be provided as required. Knowledge and competence will be assessed through testing on the relevant training packages and operational experience. Incumbents will develop their skills through operational experience, internal and external training as part of CPD, and by providing support and stand-in for the Production Manager. The incumbent will be expected to be a potential candidate for the Production Manager position through development and experience.