11 months ago
Shift Manager - *3
As we continue to grow, Mercedes AMG HPP need to add exceptional people across all of our facilities.
As such, we're looking for three, experienced Shift Managers to take on new roles within our Manufacturing function.
The core purpose of these roles will be to manage the late/night/weekend shift as if it were a day shift, driving the same levels of productivity, efficiency and quality from our Manufacturing, Build, Quality and Test teams.
Job no: 492299
Work type: Permanent
If you're successful in this role, you'll…
* Deliver exceptional productivity, efficiency and quality during an evening/night/weekend shift
* Establish a culture of excellence that drives a change/development in behaviour from others
* Hire, develop and motivate the right team to be able to deliver
* Identify opportunities to improve, and encourage others to do the same
* Develop very strong relationships cross functionally within HPP to enable smooth handovers from each shift to the next
Therefore we need you to be skilled at…
* Operations Management – ability to manage complex operations to an exceptionally high standard, under time pressure
* Flexibility – both in terms of hours worked, and able to quickly adapt to a highly volatile and uncertain environment
* Motivating others – drives output through others, getting involved without micromanaging
* Maximising output – strives to improve, recognises opportunity, creative with ideas on how to make change happen and stick
* Communication – able to build strong relationships quickly, establish trust and an excellent dialogue so that handover times are seamless
* Delivery focussed – driven by results, keen to demonstrate capability via KPIs
Have experience of…
* Leading diverse teams in a shift pattern under tight deadlines
* Being responsible for all operational aspects of a business within set time frames
* Holding accountability for people, process, health, safety and security
Demonstrate knowledge of…
* A wide range of production/manufacturing operations within a business
* How to get the most out of people
* Typical challenges/barriers that exist in this environment
* Engineering/Automotive would be a benefit
* Enthusiastic and driven
In return you’ll get the chance to be part of a team with some of the best in the world, at a state of the art facility, with a very real chance to make history.
We look forward to meeting you!
Advertised: 25 Sep 2018 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled
Back to search results now Refer a friend
Send me jobs like these