about 1 year ago
Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, Tarmac are recruiting in Dunbar and this could be the ideal role for you.
At Tarmac, our people have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. We are very proud of our history and what makes us the company we are today. We also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue our growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of our industry We offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. We’re looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join our team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless
Joining our team as a Shift Electrician you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
Enhanced holiday entitlement
Contributory pension scheme
Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
Training and development opportunities
What are we looking for?
* Knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety and Environment issues; Understanding of STOP assessments, Unsafe Act/Condition reporting and Risk Assessments
* P.L.C/Telemetry Experience preferred
* D.C.S. Experience preferred
* Knowledge of Process Control & Instrumentation systems (operation and maintenance)
* Knowledge of Hydraulic/Pneumatic systems would be beneficial
* Knowledge of HV/LV Switchgear & Control Gear systems
* A working knowledge of latest maintenance management systems
* A good working knowledge of electrical isolation
What will I be responsible for?
* Carry out role taking into consideration Zero Harm, quality, and environmental aspects in their system of work.
* Perform inspections and maintenance to high standards ensuring departmental reliability KPI’s increase to set levels.
* Ensure personal operational safety is paramount and utilise STOP and unsafe act / condition reporting systems to their and others benefits.
* Where required, join site working parties to ensure departmental representation on these teams (e.g. PTW, Safety Committees).
* Able to manage his / her approach to breakdowns and planned maintenance.
* Positive and is proactive in their approach to Health, Safety and Environmental elements.
* Able to respond and support operational priorities.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Shift Electrician, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest!
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage.
No agencies please.
Tarmac is an equal opportunities employer.