7 months ago
Job Id : 4626
Department : Facilities Services
Benefits : Competitive
Job type : Full time
Location : Westgate Oxford
Type : Permanent
NG Bailey has an exciting opportunity to recruit for a Resident Shift Maintenance Electrical Technician to work at the brand new £500 Million Oxford Westgate development and continue to deliver an exceptional high standard of building services provision (planned and reactive)
We are looking for an experienced building services engineer / electrical technician with experience of both mechanical & electrical systems to support us during the operating hours at the Oxford Westgate Shopping Centre.
Working hours are on a shift rota where you work 7 days within a 14 day period working 1 weekend, covering the shopping centre during opening hours. Example of the shift rota is as below. There is no requirement to work nights unless pre-arranged for overtime.
M = 07:00 – 19:M = OFF
T = 07:00 – 19:T = OFF
W = 07:00 – 19:W = OFF
T = OFFT = 07:00 – 19:00
F = OFFF = 07:00 – 19:00
S = 07:00 – 19:S = OFF
S = 08:00 – 17:S = OFF
Purpose of Role:
To provide an exceptional high standard of building services provision (planned and reactive) within a commercial occupied environment and with the utmost regard for customer service.
Deliver Multi Skilled PPM relating primarily to Building Services Plant and System’s in-line with agreed programmes/ SLA's in order to meet Client and Statutory Compliance. Cost, manage and complete Reactive Works identified through PPM work undertaken. Provide Service Support as part of a team providing quality service delivery 24/7, with a requirement to be part of the out of hours emergency call out team.
* Ensure work is undertaken in line with specific method statements & risk assessments and relevant safety legislation and NG Bailey health and safety systems and procedures.
* Provide excellent service delivery by ensuring PPM tasks and reactive works are completed within contractual Service Level Agreement’s to meet KPI’s.
* To maintain premises to an exceptionally high standards through a proactive service delivery methodology
* Develop excellent working relationships with our client their staff or appointed representative through good customer service.
* To ensure that all applicable site documentation is kept up to date as this will be regularly audit either by internal or external parties.
* Work as part of a collaborative team and assist where necessary and required so that all contractual obligations are met.
* Assist with supervision of sub-contractor works ensuring compliance and adherence to applicable H&S standards when required
* Required to undertake Overtime where works cannot be performed during Non-Working Hours
* Manage the completion of minor works carried out by others
* Carry out Electrical Maintenance / Installation work efficiently and in accordance with the National Working Rules for the Electrical Contracting Industry, the current IET Wiring Regulations for the Requirements of Electrical Installations BS7671, and the Construction Industry Safety Regulations.
* Practical experience carrying out PPM's and undertaking routine Electrical Repairs and Maintenance in line with SFG20 or equalivant with basic fault finding diagnostic experience.
* Completed a recognised Electrical Apprenticeship (Preferred not Essential)
* City and Guilds 236 Parts 1&2 OR equivalent
* City and Guilds 2382-15 17th Edition
* Minimum of 2 year working as an Electrician.
* Capable of working independantly.
* Excellent customer service skills – very client facing
* IOSH Working / Managing Safely
* Safe system of Work Procedure – PTW; RAMS etc
* L8 Training