7 months ago
Main Purpose of Role
To assist the SHESQ Management in the implementation of Group SHESQ Management Systems and provide SHESQ advice and support to employees within our Thames Water Alliance (Agility) framework.
* Establish and promote best practice in safety, health, environmental, sustainability and quality (SHESQ) matters in conjunction with the SHESQ function.
* Advise and support Managers and Supervisors to discharge their responsibilities for the SHESQ of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by Legislation and Company Procedures.
* Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
* Support management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the SHESQ Plans.
* Carry out regular inspections of sites and work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures and the relevant Statutory Provisions.
* Carry out accident/incident investigations in accordance with the Company procedure and, analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any reoccurrences.
* Collate Business / Contract SHESQ statistics in a timely manner and submit to the SHESQ Management & SHESQ function for reporting purposes.
* Review SHESQ information to identify trends and areas for improvement. Develop and implement SHESQ campaigns and improvement plans in agreement with the SHESQ Management.
* Assist in the preparation & review of project SHESQ documents including those of 3rd parties.
* Provide support to Project teams in the development of SHESQ Plans.
* Produce SHESQ plans, procedures and associated documentation.
* Identify significant SHESQ issues for contracts / yards and help set-up contracts / yards to include appropriate controls.
* Identify SHESQ consents / permits or exemptions that are required and ensure they are obtained.
* Maintain records as necessary to ensure compliance with Legislation, Company procedures and Contract Requirements.
* Provide reports, presentations and information as directed by the Business / SHESQ Management.
* Carry out site inductions and other training as required.
* Support the Business / SHESQ Management in the delivery of the Audit Programme.
* Undertake SHESQ audits as required.
* Providing input into pre-qualification, tender and SHESQ award submissions.
* Stopping work with the agreement of the SHESQ / Site / Project Management at any time SHESQ management of the works is in question.
* Disseminate information issued by the SHESQ function to relevant employees.
* Participate in working groups / forums as required.
* Participate in the work of committees and joint consultations affecting the workforce as required.
Skills, Experience & Qualificiations
* Previous experience in a SHESQ role
* Relevant SHESQ Membership (E.g. IOSH, IEMA, CQI)
* MS package knowledge (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project)
* Utillities industry experience (desirable)
* Solid understanding of the requirements of the ISO 9001, 14001 and BS OHSAS 18001 standards (desirable)