9 months ago
PA Consulting is one of the UK’s premier technology consultancies, working with a wide range of public and private industry sectors, helping companies to innovate and effectively manage their technology. In order to manage a diverse range of activities, PA runs a portfolio of over 60 applications which run a range of services to support our consulting and functional teams globally across PA. One group takes responsibility for all PA’s Oracle based applications, the second group takes ownership of the remainder of PA’s business software portfolio.
Working as part of a team of Business and Group Systems specialists, you will deliver both change and support for PA’s SharePoint on premise and Office 365 collaboration services applications that are across the application portfolio. You will have responsibility to ensure that the applications are functional, accessible, well-structured and in line with corporate design standards.
• Deliver solutions to meet the business requirements identified by the project teams
• Create reusable elements of software or extension of existing elements for example developing customisations using SharePoint development toolkit, SQL server, ASP.Net
• Design and deliver creative solutions which encourages extension and reuse
• Develop high quality code through own understanding of and desire to achieve high quality outputs. Be comfortable working to an agreed set of development standards
• Understand and apply sound unit testing approaches to all software developed
• Apply sound knowledge of management of source code and managing the release using recognised Microsoft tools
• Actively maintain own knowledge of new and upcoming technologies and of software engineering best practice
• Effective communication with the stakeholders to develop solutions the business needs (this may include prototyping with users)
• Understanding and preferably proven track record in the application of software engineering best practice
• Good understanding and experience of object oriented analysis and design techniques
• Development experience in:
o Microsoft SharePoint 2010
o Azure services
o Office 365
• Proven desire and ability to keep up to date with technology
• Customer focused
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Good reporting skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to take initiative
If you are a SharePoint Developer looking for a new challenge, then this opportunity is worth considering. Use the link below to register your interest via PA’s Career website.
About PA Consulting Group
At PA, we take an innovative approach to technology consulting. That’s why we only hire the most innovative thinkers. With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we offer our consultants unrivalled opportunities for growth and give them the freedom they need to excel. Whether they’re interested in solving complex challenges, executing organisational change or inspiring unconstrained ideation, we offer them a place to carve out a lasting career. Award winning and highly ambitious, at PA we are a different kind of consultancy.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and seek to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets, each able to contribute in unique ways. This diversity engenders a richer, more creative environment – one in which our people develop and clients are served better. We are committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely on the basis of their ability to contribute to PA’s objectives, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.