about 1 month ago
Capgemini Engineering are recruiting for a Services Operations Officer to undertake a role within the Defence Aerospace sector, based at one of our prestigious client’s sites various locations in the UK.
The Services support role is required to achieve the transfer of Repair Note / Repair Instruction amendments for export to external geo in line with requirements of UK Export Control and project-specific quality guidance/alleviations.
* Compile RN/RI packs for submission to external geo and approval of customer signatory.
* Ensure correct forms are utilised and that the History Sheet is in order to the detailed customer procedures.
* Initial Quality Check and Technical analysis to determine if sufficient information to substantiate the amended repairs had been given.
* Working with external agencies to ensure the logical flow of repair procedure process.
* Arranging and working with relevant specialists for any process approvals / technical justification.
* Submitting Requests for Information (RFIs) to supporting sections and then Project Managing responses to ensure on time delivery.
* QA quality assurance (on pack return from external geo) to ensure that the pack is in a suitable condition to pass to the customer signatory for approval.
* Effective project and time management and the ability to prioritise tasks to keep everything on track to deliver to meet the customer requirements.
* Proactive approach and the ability to work under your own initiative.
* Understanding of different types and forms of non-dimensional non-conformance.
* Ability to collect and analyse data from a variety of different sources.
* Interpretation of drawings, technical specifications, and product control documentation.
* Knowledge of FAIR, LAIR and FPA processes.
* Understanding of lean manufacturing techniques and processes.
* Passion to drive change in a challenging environment and the ability to solve complex problems
* Good understanding of repair processes including welding, machining, NDT etc.
* Working knowledge of systems including SAP, Kanban tool, eConsession.
Additional Skills (useful)
* Experience in leading the development of customer/supplier relationships.
* Use of Minitab and Measurelink.
* Visual inspection techniques.
* DMAIC, 8D, PPAP, PFMEA, DFM, SPC, 6M.
* Control Plans.
* Cause & Effect Analysis - 3Cs, 5 Whys, Ishikawa.
* Gauge R&R, MSA.
Diversity & Inclusion
Capgemini Engineering recognises the benefit that having a diverse workforce brings to our projects. We value applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. In order to support diversity in our hiring process, your application will be anonymised when shared with hiring managers to be reviewed against the position.
As a permanent employee of Capgemini Engineering you will have access to a range of benefits alongside your salary including an annual bonus scheme where you could share in the company’s success. You will get 25 days paid holiday outside of the bank holidays, a pension scheme with employer contributions, options for private medical cover as well as life assurance and enhanced maternity/paternity pay. For some employees you will also be eligible to take part in our impressive employee referral scheme (£2,500 per employee referred).