4 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We currently have a Customer Technical Support Analyst position available in GE Smallworld, a division of the Digital Energy business providing high-tech, software solutions to the Utility and Telecommunications industries. The Customer Support group works closely with UK Customers, Business Partners and Distributors throughout Europe, Africa and the Middle East delivering effective first and second line technical support on the full Geospatial, Smallworld product suite and Mobile solutions.
This role would ideally be suited to a recent graduate who is looking for entry into a business environment where they will gain invaluable skills and experience in technical support and Customer Services whilst contributing towards a critical revenue generating function within the Grid Solutions business. This role will also provide the successful candidate with scope, over time, for further career development within GE.
* Provide first and second level support for problem resolution, including reproduction of customer issues, reporting defects and providing workarounds to customers (including patches)
* Interface with product support groups and development groups to facilitate case resolution
* Interpret customer needs, assess impact on the customer and prioritise accordingly
* Accurately record and document case activity in a web based issue resolution tool
* Diligently monitor case metrics as an indicator of performance, on time delivery of milestones, backlog and SLA span for support issues; utilization and productivity
* Encourage customer feedback and escalate major, elusive or recurrent issues that affect customer satisfaction
* Provide feedback to development and quality teams and participate in Quality Audits, as necessary
* Perform on-site/remote customer support when required
* Good knowledge of, and adherence to, company internal systems and processes. Total commitment to integrity
* Participate in ‘Championing the Customer’ – devising customer profile reports, understanding user base and user workflows, top issues, site visits etc.
* Maintain awareness of relevant technical and product trends through self-learning/study, training classes and job shadowing
* Help grow team expertise through knowledge sharing (showcases, presentations, technical blogs)
* Contributing to wider Services project work when appropriate, such as testing activities as part of knowledge transfer
* Bachelor of Science degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering or other degree with relevant experience or equivalent level of experience (can be flexible).
* Expected graduate date if upcoming graduate
Applications from job seekers who
require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered
alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be
appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA
candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely,
in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further
information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Experience of the electricity, telecoms and other utility domains
* External focus - creates processes with customer viewpoint and impact in mind and goes above and beyond to ensure customer satisfaction
* Experience with technologies related to the Smallworld product suite, such as Java, JSF, Websphere, FME, .Net and Oracle preferable
* Relational Database skills
* Good presentation and excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
* Able to prioritise and multi-task
* Able to work as part of a team
* A GIS/geospatial background is advantageous, prior involvement with Smallworld GIS products and Magik language is particularly sought after.
* For new graduates a placement year in business performing technical support activities or other technical role during your degree would be seen as advantageous
note: this is an EVERGREEN position, meaning that the Talent
Acquisition Specialist will contact suitable candidates as soon as the intake
for this vacancy opens. Currently we are gathering potential candidates who
would be interested in this role.
Locations: United Kingdom; Cambridge