about 1 month ago
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
What you’ll do:
Your primary role will be to handle service management of business applications and processes developed and supported by the Technology team for a part of Sky`s data estate.
– Effective incident management of the Data support team.
– Manage and track service improvements, Batch Control including repeat batch failure management
– Supporting and deputising for the Data Support Manager in relevant matters
– Enable Service management process and remain service orientated
– Support Data Engineer`s with managed incidents and stakeholder communications
– Provide on-call management escalation
– Management of Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements
What you’ll bring:
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
– Understanding of Data Warehousing principles.
– Focus on quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction
– Adaptable to change, open to new ideas, and the ability to take on new responsibilities.
– The ability to make judgement calls on complex issues
Data Technology Operations are responsible for a variety of enterprise technologies and people that are integral to Sky’s Information Systems.
We lead the way in many areas of technology, from delivering daily business critical corporate reports, to providing an elite data science and analytics platform for hundreds of users providing key insights on Sky’s customers, products and viewing content. Delivering solutions for new products and initiatives is what we do, every single day. We then support these solutions for their lifetime in Sky, to an impeccably high standard 24 hours a day 365 days of the year.
As a DTA Service Manager, you would be joining a dynamic, highly motivated technology team.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
– Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
– A generous pension package
– Private healthcare
– Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Our London, UK campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from London, UK, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Livingston – role can be based at this location too.
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.