about 1 month ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Engineer in the South East England area to join our Centrica Business Solutions team. Centrica Business Solutions is a leading provider of sustainable and energy efficient solutions to clients in many private and public sector industries. We have a history of sustained growth and we have excellent opportunities for further significant expansion both in the UK and overseas.
As a Service Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the effective service and maintenance of allocated CHP (Combined Heating and Power) units. Acting as the first point of contact for the customer, you’ll be someone who has excellent communication skills, is self-motivated and with a strong eye for detail. You’ll be someone with a background in automotive engineering or experience with engines/generators. Ideally, this experience will be within the Energy industry and you’ll also have a mechanical craft qualification or higher (C&G, ONC or HNC).
* Must have a minimum of a mechanical craft qualification or higher (C&G, ONC or HNC)
* Have carried out some form of in-field service role on reciprocating engines or generators
* Be able to strip and repair a reciprocating engine down to component level
* Have some knowledge of rotating equipment
* Have excellent problem-solving ability
* Good IT Skills, specifically Excel
Desirable skill set but not limited to:
* Working on CHP plants, generators, marine vessels and gas engines
* Work on the following engines; MTU, CAT, Perkins, MAN, Mercedes, MWM
* Good working knowledge of three phase electrics
* A Gas Safe qualification
* Have a working knowledge of control panels
* Some form of Health & Safety Qualification
* Bonus System (max to £8000 per annum)
* On-Call payment when required (additional £350 per week)
* 25 days holidays per annum + bank holidays
* Pension plus a Flexible Allowance linked to Pension
* Share Option scheme
* Company van, laptop, mobile phone & uniform
* The successful candidate will have the knowledge they are joining a company that prides itself in providing training to aid an engineer’s development as it has its own training academy
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
Apply online now