about 1 month ago
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
QinetiQ provides support for the delivery of a wide range of exciting defence and security projects. From the development and demonstration of new concepts to the implementation of highly complex integrated systems solutions and services. We have a range of roles to offer across all levels of experience for Systems Engineers with requirements engineering skills and who are able to operate throughout a projects lifecycle in support of the customer’s requirements.
This role is to provide ISTAR Subject Matter Expertise, leadership, and Customer-Friend advice into MOD acquisition programmes, working closely with Front Line Commands (FLCs), Defence Equipment and Supply (DE&S) and other MOD stakeholders.
• Understanding of ISTAR capabilities, sensors and parent platforms across the Air, Land, Maritime (inc Submarines) domains.
• Ability to support the MOD DE&S Delivery Teams’ key decision points such as Procurement Gates, Design Reviews, Safety Cases etc.
• Must have an understanding of at least one domain’s Regulatory requirements, e.g. the Air domain Manual of Regulatory Procedures.
• Able to present, engage and potentially negotiate at the DES 1* customer level.
• Data manipulation, Excel, ideally Access skills.
• Knowledge of IMINT/SIGINT sensor types and platform integration.
• Technical understanding of Air/Land/Maritime intelligence networks including data storage, retrieval and interoperability requirements.
• Knowledge of NATO STANAGS for imagery and other sensor data.
• Previous experience of Intelligence collection, exploitation and dissemination.
• Knowledge of off-board mission planning tools for ISR.
• Knowledge of SOCET GXP and/or ArcGIS
• Knowledge of current and future UK collection platform i.e. UK REAPER, RAPTOR, Sentinel, WATCHKEEPER, SHADOW, PROTECTOR, POSEIDON, WILDCAT, Lightning II
• Knowledge of US collection platforms i.e. U2, Global Hawk, Predator
• Previous experience or knowledge in engineering and Safety aspects of sensors or systems for Electro-Optical, Infra-Red, Synthetic Aperture RADAR, Hyperspectral imaging
• DV clearances or ability to obtain DV in due course.
Experience in all or some of the following:
• Requirements engineering.
• Using and implementing the systems engineering lifecycle.
• The application of systems engineering in a variety of domains.
• Information management principles.
• Supporting acquisition projects.
• Model-based systems engineering.
• Product Engineering
• Effective management of systems integration and verification activities.
• Effective management of systems validation activities.
• Application of Integrated Logistic Support processes and methods
• Architectural frameworks (e.g. MODAF, TOGAF).
• Bid writing
Knowledge of some or all of the following:
• Experience of the defence domain.
• A broad understanding of MoD and industry standard acceptance processes.
• Understanding of architectures.
• The distinction between user and system requirements and design specifications.
• Proficiency in DOORS® use.
• Use of Enterprise Architect, SysML and UML.
• Configuration management.
We have a number of vacancies available in this area hence the grading of successful candidates will be determined in accordance with and in alignment to skills and experience.
• Degree in a science, engineering or maths subject or demonstrable equivalent experience.
• Candidates should be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve SC and/or DV clearance as required. Due to this there may be certain projects where we will not be able to accept Dual Nationals.
• Innovative Self-starter able to show initiative.
• Offers solutions to problems.
• Able to lead and motivate others while being an enthusiastic team player.
• Evidence in delivering great results.
• Strong risk awareness & quality conscious.
• Able to follow processes and procedures.
• Present a good impression of a QinetiQ professional.
QinetiQ offers an excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large international company some of which are highlighted below:-
• Career development across a diverse International organisation
• 50% off meals at selected restaurants , 40% off cinema tickets.
• Modern and collaborative working environment
• Pension - up to 10.5 % Company contributed
• Flexible Working , Social and family events • Health Cash Plan , Health Screening, Employee Assistance 24/7
• Leading edge technology focus
• Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance at additional cost
• Childcare or After School Club , Annual Leave Purchase
• Personal Accident Insurance , Annual Travel Insurance
• Gym and sports facilities available at larger sites
• Payroll Giving and Volunteering - helping charities and local community