5 months ago
Senior XHQ Software Developer
Requisition ID :2019-67172
Work Location :GB-Surrey-Woking
Department / Discipline : Automation & Controls Engineering
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Woods Intelligent Operations service line (Automation & Control Group) is actively seeking qualified candidates to help execute projects using Siemens XHQ visualisation.
The Senior XHQ Software Developer is expected to implement projects for XHQ solution application support and delivery enhancement including:
* Implementation of Data Visualization Solutions based on XHQ.
* Understanding of business surveillance workflows; able to model/create these workflows and displays in the XHQ tool
* Work with the Client to perform modifications and/or configuration changes that may be required in his data structures and/or IT environment.
* Work with the Client in the development of project standards and style guides.
* Participate in the development of tools and applications to support the Client’s solution
Skills / Qualifications
* Candidates with a Bachelors or Masters’ degree in Chemical, Computer, or Electrical Engineering or in Computer / Information Science are preferred.
* Previous relevant experience in Oil and Gas or Petrochemical Industries in a senior role
* Working experience with Siemens XHQ software
* Experience with integration, installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and commissioning of control systems, information systems and communication systems
* Exposure to architecture, development, and integration of oil and gas or process-related information systems
* Exposure in performing Factory Acceptance Test and Site Acceptance Test, exposure to various corporate cultures (e.g. with major oil players)
Preferred Technical Skills and Experience:
* Strong exposure to real-time process historians, notably OSI-PI and PHD, including experience interfacing using SDK-level tools
* Basic knowledge of Data Modelling, with some demonstrated hands-on experience
* Exposure to Data Visualization and dashboard design and development
* Knowledge of XML and SVG, exposure to XML parsers and XSLT
* Exposure developing Web Services-based applications (SaaS), development experience with relational databases and SQL, especially Oracle and MS SQL Server
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.