about 1 month ago
The Amey (Scotland) Consultancy Design team is recruiting for a Senior Water Consultant/Engineer to work on our expanding portfolio for our Scottish and UK clients. You will be involved in existing frameworks which will provide the opportunity to get involved in leading and undertaking water environmental impact assessments, hydrgeology or hydrogeomorphology assessments and associated modelling and high level designs. Amey are involved in the complete project lifecycle, from feasibility design through detailed design to construction, and knowledge of these processes is required. The position will be based in our office in the South Gyle, Edinburgh or Eurocentral, Motherwell.
You will be required to provide support and guidance to assistant engineers within a design team to ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards and that the delivery of all the specified project outcomes are on time, within budget and to the quality required.
The successful candidates will be part of the wider Amey, UK and international, design consultancy family which provides a range of multi-disciplinary services to our customers, driving value across their asset portfolio. Amey are the fastest growing consultancy in the UK and are relied upon to manage, improve, and maximise the performance of a vast range of assets vital to the effectiveness and sustainability of the UK.
In a typical week you will:
* Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
* Undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within ability and competence
* Be confident to work under minimum supervision and competent to check the work of others and supervise less experienced or junior staff
* Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision
* Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and work with sub-contractors
* Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports and other written documents in an appropriate format ensuring compliance with Amey procedures
* Comply with the requirements of the Amey Integrated Management System including Health & Safety, Environmental and all other appropriate regulations
* Prepare/check design approach, calculations, drawings and documents
* Take responsibility for the supervision of junior design team and modeller members to help ensure timely project delivery is achieved within budget and in accordance with the specification
* Engage in client and third-party liaison
* Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate apply best practice within the team environment
* Support learning and development opportunities for self and other team members.
We want to hear from you if you are:
* Degree qualified, preferably MSc/PhD in relevant, Hydrology, Water Resources, Environmental and/or Flood Management related studies. Chartered (CIWEM, CEng, or relevant equivalent professional qualification) or approaching achieving relevant professional qualification.
* Technical skills & qualification
* Good knowledge of water related EIA’s
* Hydrogeological or hydro-geomorphological studies and methodologies
* Flood Risk and Drainage Impact Assessments
* Surface Water Management and Flood Risk Management Plans
* Hydrological studies and methodologies
* Appreciation of 1D/2D hydraulic modelling,
* SUDS design,
* Experience of feasibility, outline and detailed designs
* Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite and relevant engineering software packages particularly CAD
Experience in working with Local Authorities, Transportation authorities, Water Authorities/Companies, Developers or Environment Agencies
* Good written and oral communication and organisational skills and to produce reports in clear concise English
* Desire to develop existing skills and acquire new technical competences to enhance personal and team capability
* Proven ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines
* Client focused approach to service delivery
* Proven enthusiasm to embrace and participate in career development initiatives
* Self-motivated with the drive to achieve continuous improvement targets
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you're happy, you'll think better. It's a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that's why we've worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
* Competitive salary
* Exceptional development and progression plan
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
* Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
* Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
What else is better about working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people's lives. It's what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You'll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You'll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You'll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You'll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
We don't believe in typical: we believe a diversity of backgrounds and skills create the best environment and opportunities. It means we ask better questions to arrive at better answers because we learn from each other's perspectives. And this means better outcomes for our clients our communities and ourselves.