about 1 month ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Media Engineering Division require an experienced and highly motivated Senior Verification Engineer to join a fast growing team and verify our next generation of state of the art GPUs. The team predominantly employs constrained-random coverage-driven simulation techniques using SystemVerilog and UVM. You will play a key role in the team – both with hands-on project work, creating and deploying new methodologies within the team.
About the team
Working in our main office, located in Cambridge within a team that spans three sites across Europe. The team includes design, verification and modelling engineers working on the next gen graphics processors. Given the span of the team, there may be opportunity for travel to other sites during your work.
What will you be accountable for?
The role covers development and deployment of methodologies as well as direct hands-on test bench development. You will be responsible for:
* Reviewing and assessing proposed design changes
* Architecting verification IP and full verification environments
* You are expected to investigate and script new verification flows and optimising existing flows
* Developing methodology and deploying within the group and having full ownership of verification closure.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
You will require a proven track record with constrained-random verification including ownership of a suitably complex verification environment. Be comfortable using SystemVerilog to develop verification components and be familiar with the tools and processes for developing test benches and finishing all aspects of the verification process. You are capable of developing verification flows to make best use of EDA tools.
* Strong experience with SystemVerilog for verification of complex design IP.
* Experience of architecting and implementing functional verification environments for complex IP.
* Experience developing re-usable and scalable code whilst having good knowledge of UVM.
* Strong scripting skills (UNIX shell scripting, Python or Perl) – being able to develop scripting to support new flows.
* You posses the ability to quickly understand and apply complex specification details and capable of owning all stages of a project to completion.
* Willingness to tackle varied and complex technical challenges.
* Strong communication skills and ability to work well as part of a team as well as experience working and communicating with remote design centres.
* Knowledge of graphics principles.
* Knowledge of C/C++.
* Experience with formal verification.
* Experience with emulation flows.
* Willingness to travel to Arm sites within Europe
About Media Engineering
Media Engineering produces media processing hardware and software products for mobile and embedded devices. Our product portfolio includes GPU, ISP, Display and Video IP and our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the world’s #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
In Media Engineering you will work with the world’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a global team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
* No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
* Information is crucial, share it
* Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
* Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
* Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
* The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric
* Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
* Make trust our default position
* Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road