7 months ago
Senior Transport Planner (Manchester)
About the Role
As a Transport/Senior Transport Planner, you will help to deliver and manage a range of transport and development planning projects, across a variety of sectors.
You will join an established, busy team, with a growing multi-disciplinary consultancy, with a strong base in Manchester and the North West.
WYG provide a comprehensive range of services to clients across the UK, including site access feasibility studies, highway network traffic modelling, public transport studies, pedestrian/cycling strategies, public consultations and transport expert witness at public inquiries.
* Key project work will involve transport assessments, transport statements, travel plans and access strategies.
* You will help to ensure that transport planning projects are delivered to the satisfaction of clients, in association with your colleagues.
* You will be responsible for undertaking a range of technical tasks, including traffic and junction assessments.
* You will be an integral part of the team, involved in report writing, overseeing transport assessments, attending meetings, undertaking site visits, assisting junior members of staff, and contributing towards the winning of new work and the forward strategy of the team.
* You will be educated to degree level, with a good range of Transport Planning skills.
* You will have a good, rounded experience of development projects from a technical and project management perspective, able to take projects from inception and feasibility, through to planning, permission and design in liaison with our highway engineers.
* Liaising with internal and external stakeholders, you will be an effective communicator.
* You will have experience of writing Transport Assessments/Statements and Travel Plans, as well as using traffic software such as ARCADY, PICADY and LINSIG/TRANSYT.
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through three interconnected business streams:
* WYG Advisory is a proactive management consultancy designed to help identify opportunities for our clients, support their decision-making processes and deliver effective programmes.
* WYG Consulting assembles specialist teams to offer high value services to the markets in which we operate.
* WYG International Development works to optimise the value and impact of donor funded projects in collaboration with our partners and other stakeholders. It aims to improve socio-economic stability, enhance infrastructure and unlock the potential for sustainable development.
WYG PLC’s shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
A rewarding future is yours at WYG. We’re committed to supporting your personal aspirations - and with clear career paths and a wide range of opportunities, your goals will always be within reach. Our blended learning experience will help you develop all the skills and qualifications you need to succeed. Fantastic flexible benefits and personalised rewards make up an excellent package.