about 1 year ago
RSK Land Development and Engineering (LDE) Ltd, part of the RSK Group of companies, provides a complete engineering design service for residential and commercial development projects, both pre and post planning. RSK LDE Ltd was formed in 2003 after a number of specialist design engineers joined RSK in order to strengthen its existing in-house capabilities. It now has a highly experienced team made up of professional civil and structural engineering staff with many years experience in the assessment, design and construction of major development projects. LDE’s engineers typically evaluate the land use constraints in support of the site acquisition and planning process. This work would then be continued into detail design, obtaining statutory approvals, procuring and supervising the site infrastructure and remediation projects.
RSK provides a range of planning and infrastructure services related to transport with involvement in property, energy and environmental projects. We have an exciting opportunity within a growing team for a Senior Transport Planner/Engineer in our Hemel Hempstead office with the potential to work on projects across the UK.
RSK has also recently been ranked within the top 5 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst, December 2014) and as a leading provider in environmental services both in the UK and internationally, there are excellent opportunities for the advancement and growth for the right individuals.
Senior Transport Planner/Engineer – Hemel Hempstead
* Prepare and review Transport Assessments;
* Undertake traffic flow analysis and junction modelling;
* Prepare Travel Plans with good knowledge of delivery and monitoring practices;
* Preliminary highway design;
* Transport inputs into Environmental Impact Assessments;
* Project management including financial management and client liaison;
* Negotiations with local planning and highway authorities;
* Traffic data collection, analysis and presentation;
* Assist in the preparation of evidence for public inquiries;
* Technical specification:
* Technical ability in a variety of development planning work including transport assessments, junction modelling and design, transport inputs to environmental impact assessments, and travel plans
* 3 to 5 years experience in development planning, within a transport planning context in a consultancy environment
* Appropriate academic and professional qualifications; degree qualified in a relevant planning or engineering discipline
* An MSc qualification in transport planning/engineering is desirable
* Working towards professional qualifications
* Strong analytical skills
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to generate and apply ideas
* Ability to develop innovative and value solutions
* Ability to work well in a team environment and independently with limited supervision
* A good self-manager of time and work
* Experienced in use of Microsoft products including Excel, Word and Power Point
* Experience of transport modelling software (Junctions 8, Transyt, Linsig etc) and design desirable
Salary and benefits:
* £commensurate with experience
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care
* Regular training and career development
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
For more information, please call Simona Pukeleviciute onor .
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.