10 months ago
Vacancy Description: We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Senior Transport Planner to provide general Transport Planning experience to our Huntingdon office. You should have a good understanding of transport policies in Wales and have the ability to produce strategies and feasibility studies, undertake option assessments and appraise the economic, financial and environmental impact of proposed schemes.
* Understanding of the transport scheme appraisal process in the UK.
* Knowledge economic analysis software e.g. TUBA.
* Ability to undertake Value of Money BCR assessments for proposes schemes.
* Knowledge/experience over a range of civil engineering and transport disciplines such as: cycle and pedestrian network delivery, public transport networks and interchanges including Park and Ride, highways and junctions.
* Working towards Chartered Transport Planner / TPP status.
* Experience in GIS is desirable
* Experience of liaising and working with partners and agencies
* Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences both verbally and in writingAble to prioritise and organise own work with minimum supervision, working to deadlines and with competing priorities
* Able to work accurately and with attention to detail
* Able to work to deadlines and with competing priorities
The Role: The successful candidate will work as part of the Transportation team, with the objective of successfully delivering a range of transportation planning projects for a range of public and private sector clients. The candidate would specifically need proven skills across a broad range of areas including transport planning, development planning, travel planning and travel behaviour, and transportation studies.
Capita is looking to add additional skills and expertise to their existing Transport and Highways team. You will provide advice and support to help coordinate the delivery of a growing number of major infrastructure projects across England and Wales. You will be involved in delivering all aspects of WelTAG Stages 1, 2 and 3 as well as developing Business Cases to support scheme delivery and implementation.
* To produce and review transport plans and strategies, feasibility studies, Option Assessment Reports and Business Cases
* To have a working knowledge of transport guidance and current best practice (such as WelTAG and/or WebTAG);
* To undertake Project Management responsibilities to ensure that work is delivered on time and within budget;
* To have a good understanding of transport project development processes;
* To have a working knowledge of current transport policy at sub-regional, regional and national level in Wales;
* To be able to think at both strategic and detailed levels;
* To produce high-quality project reports, including technical documents;
* To have the ability to communicate technical arguments to technical and non-technical clients; and present outputs from studies to a range of audiences;
* To develop relationships with Local Authorities and Welsh Government in order to secure new commissions.
CAPITA Infrastructure are the leading local employer of transport planners and due to our increasing workload, are expanding our transportation team. We mainly work for public and private sector clients across England and South Wales but increasingly our workload is spread across the UK.
We undertake a full range of challenging and varied work, ranging from the planning and design of public transport, rail and road schemes, to transport assessments, travel planning and public consultation work. You can expect to be involved in the production of transportation policies and strategies alongside modelling work, traffic management schemes and the delivery of professional services to a wide range of clients.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
“Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership”