about 1 year ago
Senior Transport Planner
WYG are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Transport Planning Engineer / Consultant to join our growing team in Glasgow. WYG’s transport planning business in Scotland is growing and we have recently opened a new office in Glasgow to accommodate this growth.
You will support the senior staff by providing technical input to projects and supporting the team to deliver a range of projects.
You will be working on projects in both the public and private sector and would be required to liaise with other professionals including Architects, Town Planners and Local Authority Officers and therefore you must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
Candidates should be proficient in the use of software including Junctions 9, TRANSYT, TRICS, AutoCAD. Experience of micro-simulation programs such as VISSIM and Paramics is welcome, but not essential.
You will mentor and support junior staff and be proactive in keeping up to date with current practices, guidelines etc. in our field. You will undertake site visits, attend client meetings and conduct transport surveys where required.
* In order to be successful in this role, the successful applicant should be degree qualified and ideally working towards Chartership status;
* You must have knowledge of the UK planning system, the workings of local government and knowledge of Scottish transport planning policy and design guidelines;
* It is anticipated that you will have experience in the preparation of Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, transport scheme design and appraisal with knowledge of relevant policy, guidance and advice;
* You should be able to analyse data then collate and interpret it;
* You will have worked in the UK previously, understanding the planning process and how your work fits into that; and
* As a key member or the team, you should be a good team player, enthusiastic and driven to progress yourself and others in the team.
A full UK driving licence is required.
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, and Asia. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.