5 months ago
Senior Transport Planner - Manchester
“We’ve been around for more than 135 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have an ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners. We are commercial savvy engineers, project managers and consultants who design smart cities, airports, ports, buildings and more. We reinvent industries; co-create clean energy and fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and models. More and more, we connect the digital with the real world in an accelerating pace. Working together with our clients and partners, we use data and algorithms to translate insights into foresights. We help our clients in their digital transformation and we support our clients’ business with better and faster execution of their ambitions.
Let’s enhance society together!”
We have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Transport Planner / Consultant to join our Transport & Planning team in Manchester. You will produce technical studies within the Transport Planning function, be technically competent in analysing conventional transport projects and be able to effectively manage people and projects. You will contribute towards the technical excellence of the team and can expect considerable experience on a variety of interesting and challenging projects.
The role demands a proactive approach in a team environment and offers substantial opportunity for career progression within the company.
You will be responsible for:
* Unsupervised production of technical studies.
* Developing and commission transport surveys.
* Unsupervised production of other transport projects as these arise and ensuring outputs are delivered on time.
* Project manage small projects.
* Developing innovative transport solutions to serve and benefit Clients.
* Working with junior staff to develop innovative transport solutions to serve and benefit Clients.
* Contributing to the technical development of the transport function in the UK.
* Carry out any duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role.
* BSc/ BEng or equivalent level qualification in a suitable subject
* Experience in Transport Planning
* Good communicator (written and verbal)
* Proven technical track record and ability
* Good team player to contribute to dynamic group
* Commercially aware
* Knowledge of analytical software programs such as ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, TRANSYT, the TRICS database and MS OFFICE.
* MEng/ MSc or equivalent level qualification in a suitable subject
* MCIHT/ MILT/ MICE
* Experience of managing junior staff as part of a project team
* Knowledge / Experience of working to BIM Level 2
* Knowledge of WebTAG or similar will also be an advantage
* An understanding of other analytical software programs such as CUBE, SATURN, VISSIM, AIMSUN, or similar.
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits, including a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.