12 months ago
Senior Transport Infrastructure Engineer
An exciting opportunity for an ambitious Senior Transport Infrastructure Engineer to join WYG’s Transport Planning and Engineering team. Based in our Bristol office, this is a unique opportunity to become part of the established and growing Transport Engineering team working on varied and interesting commissions.
Reporting directly to the South West Transport team lead, you will primarily be delivering projects within the Southern region and the wider UK Design teams. The role will involve Transport and Civil Infrastructure design and delivery of a wide range of Transport and Engineering projects across various sectors. You will also assist in mentoring junior members of the team while they help us to deliver commissions. It is one of our key values to provide excellence in everything that we do.
You will be involved with both new build and refurbishment projects from the early planning stages working right through to the end of the delivery phase. Our Transport Planning team works through from pre-planning to post-submission delivery and work will cover all these areas from simple preliminary access designs to S278 agreements. Transport Planning sits within the wider WYG Design business and there is a close working relationship between the Transport Planning and Civil Engineering teams. The main role is highway design, but it would be advantageous to have an understanding of drainage design. A large part of the role will require discussion and liaison with approval authorities.
The desired skills for this role are:
* Good numerical knowledge.
* Good communication skills.
* Problem solving and analytical skills.
* A practical approach to time-management and the ability to switch between jobs at short notice.
* The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Ability to advise and supervise team members on technical matters.
Prior experience and knowledge of Highway and Civil Engineering Infrastructure design is required for this role including:
* A recognised engineering degree and ideally a Chartered member of a recognised institution. Experience in lieu of Chartership will alternatively be considered.
* Able to work independently.
* Adaptable with strong social, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Health and Safety within the workplace and design.
* A strong commitment to knowledge acquisition and CPD.
* Ability to obtain a minimum of ‘SC’ security clearance for government projects.
* You will be required to pass the CITB test to obtain a CSCS card if you do not already hold the appropriate certification.
* Knowledge of the CDM 2015 regulations.
* S38 adoptable roads designs including construction details.
* S278 highway adoption application procedures.
* Knowledge of services arrangements within the highways.
* Practical, regular user knowledge and skills in the use of contemporary office and design software including most of the following: MS Office, Autocad Civils 3D/MXRoad, Microdrainage, and PDS.
* Earthworks modelling including material properties and the behaviour and limitations of common engineering materials and soil types.
* Full UK driving licence
Knowledge of the following would also be of interest:
* Design of foul and storm water piped sewerage systems.
* Sustainable drainage systems design experience including infiltration testing, soakaway design, attenuation systems and flow throttling.
* S104 adoptable sewer designs and the approval processes.
* S106 sewer connection application procedures.
* Knowledge and awareness of the 1991 Land Drainage Act and 1991 Water Act and 2010 Flood and Water Management Act and the influence on the design and approval processes.
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
* We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
* We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
* From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
In return for your dedication, you will enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including retail vouchers and travel insurance. You will also benefit from on-the-job training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.