8 months ago
Senior Transport Engineer
Login to Save this vacancy
Job Location: Bristol
Salary Details: Not Specified
Type of contract: Permanent - Full Time/Flexible
Vacancy Reference: 342
We currently have an opportunity for a Transport Engineer / Senior Transport Engineer to join our busy and growing team on a permanent basis in our Bristol office. The role would suit an engineer with a broad understanding of all elements of the transport planning profession but with a focus on transport and junction modelling. The role will include working on a wide range of transportation projects from small local developments to large strategic ones and local authority support.
The team is fortunate to work with excellent clients on some of the region’s most exciting land development projects. Our client-focused and result-driven approach means that we benefit from significant repeat business and are looking to strengthen the team to deliver an increasing workload.
The role will include working on a wide range of transportation projects with an aspiration to developing skills and abilities in other areas of land development as part of the Bristol office’s multi-disciplinary team. To fulfil the role, the candidate should have a proven track record of delivery, successful outcomes, client management, stakeholder engagement etc. Whilst the Bristol team is well established and will provide strong support and mentoring, the ideal candidate will be able to manage the day to day running and delivery of work with minimal supervision.
Key Responsibilities include:
* To take a lead on the delivery of technical work relating to junction and transport analysis and highway design including:
* Spreadsheet modelling
* Junction Assessment (ARCADY, PICADY, LinSig, TRANSYT)
* Act as Project Manager on small to medium size transport projects and support Project Managers on large scale multi-disciplinary projects. To include financial and resource management.
* Attend meetings with clients, design teams, local authorities and the general public as required, and deputise for senior management when need arises.
* Day to day supervision, resourcing and technical mentoring of junior members of team.
* Manage work in accordance within the Practice Management Systems including Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental systems.
We are looking to recruit a positive and enthusiastic team player who has a BSc / MSc in Engineering, Transport Planning or similar, and has a relevant Professional membership.
The ideal candidate must:
* Be an experienced engineer with excellent technical knowledge relevant to the transport engineering field, including transport and junction modelling and highway design
* Be an excellent project/brief manager with proven experience in the financial and quality management of projects, production of high quality technical reports as well as junction modelling and analysis, and highway design and master planning experience.
* Be confident to liaise with and advise all levels of management, both internally and externally.
* Have good written and oral communication skills.
* Be computer literate in MS Office suite – word, excel etc, as well as have a thorough understanding of junction modelling packages. Knowledge of CAD / GIS being an advantage.
This role will work directly with Managers and Project Directors on a range of predominantly land development projects.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible benefits package, which includes contributory pension plan, discretionary bonus scheme and flexible benefits allowance.
Peter Brett Associates LLP (PBA) is a leading consultancy delivering development and infrastructure projects. We provide trusted advice to our clients and together we create better places for the communities in which we live.
PBA provides significant opportunity for career progression and personal development through the delivery of high value quality services to influential clients. It's a friendly and supportive environment for our employees where they can attain their personal career goals.
PBA is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.