9 months ago
About the Role
WSP is seeking a town planner with considerable post graduate experience in the planning and consents process with EIA knowledge and experience. This role sits in our EAM&TP team. Whilst the post will be based in our London Devonshire Square office, the role will involve work across the rest of the UK and there maybe occasional opportunities to be involved in projects abroad.
A typical week would include:
1. Coordination of multidisciplinary teams working on planning projects.
2. Assistance with preparing consent applications which may include Town and Country Planning, Development Consent Order, Transport and Works Act etc.
3. Provision of technical consents advice, primarily TCPA but ideally on PA2008 also.
4. Drafting, assembly and editing of Environmental Statements and reviewing of topic specialists’ inputs.
5. Project management with effective budgetary control on projects owned or delivered into by the EAM&TP team.
6. Desk studies, research, data management and report writing.
7. Liaising with internal and external clients and statutory bodies, and public consultation, as necessary.
8. Building good internal relationships through responsiveness and a commercial approach.
We’d love to hear from you if have:
* Bachelor’s degree level and postgraduate qualification in town planning plus Chartered member of the RTPI (or imminent).
* Experience working on multiple projects or caseloads and coordinating project teams.
* Sound knowledge and experience of the UK planning system and the town and country planning consents process.
* Experience of liaising with planning authorities and statutory consultees.
* Experience of processes such as TCPA, PA2008, Transport and Works Act, Electricity Act, hybrid bill.
* Experience of Sustainability Appraisal, Strategic Environmental Assessment, Equalities Impact Assessment.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,000 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 36,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.